It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

HIM HB User
Burning-Ache-Pain, right shoulder blade area

Hello!
For about two weeks now I have had this pain in my shoulder blade area. The best way to describe the pain is pretty much what I put in the title. A burning-ache-pain. It is not constant, and I only feel it when I move my arm in a certain way, or when I am driving and I need to look over my right shoulder while switching lanes. Does anybody know what this could be, how long it might last, and mainly, what I can do to fix it? Hoping for simple things like stretches, heat, coldness, massage, anything. It's getting to be really irritating!

Thought I would note that I recently carried a semi-heavy fish tank down some stairs and I wonder if I might have done something there. I also wondered since it is my right shoulder area if using a computer/mouse at work for 8 hours a day might have something to do with it too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Burning-Ache-Pain, right shoulder blade area

Pain like this can be shoulder related, cervical spine (neck) related, or both. You'd have to see a doctor for a full examination and if the symptoms continue an MRI of the shoulder and cervical spine could help figure out what may be going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Burning-Ache-Pain, right shoulder blade area

AZ just took the words right outta my mouth. could be either, or even a bit of both of the c spine or/and rotator cuff areas when it comes to those two particular areas actually. best to always get each area evaled and MRIed if at all possible. the types of possible symptoms just truely can tend to somewhat mimic each other only becasue of the way the c spine nerves actually run thru that arm/shoulder on down, and how they also just innervate muscle and tendon too? good luck and DO please keep us posted, Marcia

Closed Thread