It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
(male)

Sugarpaw HB User
Dr. Jho

[QUOTE=bellsudev;1635565]Hi,
I have lumbar stenosis and want to find out more about microforaminotomy surgery by Dr. Jho, any info would be appreciated. Bell[/QUOTE]

I would not use Dr. Jho at all. Although, I had the surgery at c-5, c-6 it did not help me at all.

As a matter of fact, my neurosurgeon did not recommend surgery, as he stated that my herniation was too close to my spinal cord.

So, I flew down to see Dr. Jho in May'04....he said my surgery will help you!

So, I scheduled surgery for Nov.'04. After surgery, Dr. Jho came in and said, (get this) he was unable to get to the herniation at c-6....because it was too close to my spinal cord.

He did shave the herniated disc at c-5, and he said he shaved c-6 about 10%, but was afraid to do much more. Also, he did say he cleaned out the bone spurs.

Regardless, the surgery did not help at all.

And then, to top it off. I work for a major airline and had to have a Dr's note to be released to return to work full duty, with no restrictions.

Dr. Jho, stated he would not do that....he didn't want the liability. I called his office numerous times and his office manager told me, that was not going to happen, that he could not put that in a note.

I even had my personal physician call, and he told her he would only send a note to return me to work full duty....that he would not agree to the no restrictions language.

My nurse, I was dealing with at my company and I had spoken to her numerous times, explicitly stated, the note from Dr. Jho must state...released to return to work full duty, with no restrictions.

Fortunately, the nurse was off the day the fax came in from Dr. Jho only releasing me to work full duty. (he left off with no restrictions). And I was processed to return back to work, luckily, only because she wasn't there.

I was appalled that this man would not accommodate my request, and almost took away my livelihood.

I can not in good conscience recommend Dr. Jho to anyone. So, if you decide to use him, don't say I didn't try to warn you. But good luck to you, whoever you use.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
(female)

Howdycakes HB User
Re: Dr. Jho

Sugarpaw,
I use to post as Bellsedev and I received email telling of your experience with Dr. Jho, just wanted to thank you for the information, actually Dr. Jho turned me down, just said he couldn't do the operation and sent me back my information. guess it was a good thing I didn't get accepted after all. I have put off the surgery for so long I wonder if it's worth it just making it from chair to chair, have a hard time walking anywhere. What are your choices now?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
(male)

BarryG HB User
Re: Dr. Jho

[QUOTE=Sugarpaw;4213428]I would not use Dr. Jho at all. [/QUOTE]
I couldn't disagree more.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=432572

Closed Thread