It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

tnvalleygirl HB User
please help me with mri of thoracic spine

Hi,
If anyone would please help me understand the results of my mri of the thoracic spine I would be so grateful!
I'm in so much pain in this area and have struggled for 4 years since I had cervical fushion for c5/c6. after that surgery it moved down to this area and i'm
having horrible pain in the thoracic area along with numbness down back, heavy arms and tingling,numbness.
numbness and weakness in legs with footdrop. loss of balance,severe spasticity in legs and arms. the dr. reviewed my mri and said no one would do any type of surgery for it..so what is left, just suffer? I take tramadol for pain but hardly touches the pain. his offering was for physical therapy to try and regain my balance. I can hardly drive with my arms, so weak and have lost my grip. leg drags with the footdrop and I am constantly tripping. well I'm sorry this is so long just needed to vent and also please get opinion on mri..maybe it's not as bad as I feel it is..just know I'm having a hard time coping. dr. said it should not be causing this much trouble-please give opinion. any at all..thank you!
(also had carpal tunnel surgery/both hands..did not help.)
mri results-
moderate right paracentral disc protrusion @t6/7 which causes mild mass effect on the anterior portion of the spinal cord this level.
mild left paracentral disc bulge @t7/8 is stable with mild indention of the anterior thecal sac.
right paracentral disc protrusion @t8/9 causes impression on thecal sac and is abutting the spinal cord and is stable in appearance.
spinal cord is normal in size and signal.
IMPRESSION- STABLE DISC PROTRUSIONS @ T6/7, 7/8 & T8/9

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
(female)

sosickofit HB User
Re: please help me with mri of thoracic spine

[QUOTE=tnvalleygirl;4337589]Hi,
If anyone would please help me understand the results of my mri of the thoracic spine I would be so grateful!
I'm in so much pain in this area and have struggled for 4 years since I had cervical fushion for c5/c6. after that surgery it moved down to this area and i'm
having horrible pain in the thoracic area along with numbness down back, heavy arms and tingling,numbness.
numbness and weakness in legs with footdrop. loss of balance,severe spasticity in legs and arms. the dr. reviewed my mri and said no one would do any type of surgery for it..so what is left, just suffer? I take tramadol for pain but hardly touches the pain. his offering was for physical therapy to try and regain my balance. I can hardly drive with my arms, so weak and have lost my grip. leg drags with the footdrop and I am constantly tripping. well I'm sorry this is so long just needed to vent and also please get opinion on mri..maybe it's not as bad as I feel it is..just know I'm having a hard time coping. dr. said it should not be causing this much trouble-please give opinion. any at all..thank you!
(also had carpal tunnel surgery/both hands..did not help.)
mri results-
moderate right paracentral disc protrusion @t6/7 which causes mild mass effect on the anterior portion of the spinal cord this level.
mild left paracentral disc bulge @t7/8 is stable with mild indention of the anterior thecal sac.
right paracentral disc protrusion @t8/9 causes impression on thecal sac and is abutting the spinal cord and is stable in appearance.
spinal cord is normal in size and signal.
IMPRESSION- STABLE DISC PROTRUSIONS @ T6/7, 7/8 & T8/9[/QUOTE]

Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
(female)

sosickofit HB User
Angry Re: please help me with mri of thoracic spine

[QUOTE=sosickofit;4993851][/QUOTE]

I am new on here and saw your post. I know it has been some time now since your post but it really caught my eye because of my own issues. Have you had surgery yet?. Well I went to Barrow Nuerological institute in Arizona and they are great a Dr. Dickman and he fixed my t7-8 herniation but, now I have t8-9 herniation . I am in a different state and need to go back out to Arizona man it's worth it just thought I would tell you that. It affects my arms , legs and I am constantly dropping things . Anyway I hope your doing better please let me know.

Closed Thread