It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
Inactive

Jenna22 HB User
Sick of this lower back pain

I'm 22 years (young)and everytime i walk a mile or go hike for 5 miles or go bike riding for 10-15 miles afterwards i can't walk.I get this terrible pain in my lower back and then i feel the pain going down to my legs.I can't walk for 2 days,sore and in pain.And for the rest of the week i'm soooo sore.I'm on Accutane,that can be the cause for the joints to hurt or i don't know.Anyway my Dad's family they all have back problems and end up messed up with it for the rest of their lives.My dad is dealing right now with a missing or damaged disc and his nerve system got effected because of his backpain.I don't want to end up like him.I'm too young.I wanna be active,do things,without being in pain.What can i do.And my dad is supposed to go in for a surgery but the big risk that he is taking is after the surgery he would feel better but is he going to be able to walk again.His Doc told him there is a chance you take.Please tell me what i need to do before it's too late.

Old 06-08-2002, 08:05 PM   #2
Veteran

Kamden HB User
Re: Sick of this lower back pain

You need to slow down on the exercises you are doing because your back is trying to tell you something with the pain you are in afterwards. These can also worsen your problem. I would first find out exactly what your back problem is, { such as x-rays, MRI if needed etc. }then go from there. It is best to then do all the research you can on your back problem, because there are different treatments, causes, cures, and aggravating circumstances for every problem. I also have 25 years of back problems behind me with about every treatment there is, and wish I had learned sooner of what not to do to aggravate it, because i then ended up having to have surgery. So please slow down on the exercises, and find out what you have first, so you can then help yourself by learning about it, what causes it, and what aggravates it, and what treatments there are if any. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread