It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2002, 11:23 PM   #1

66Lilly66 HB User
Back/Side/leg pain.. any ideas?

Hello
I have been having lower and mid back pain which wraps around the side to my rib cage and kidney area on my right side. If I sit for too long I also get a sharp pain just under my right shoulder blade and my neck becomes stiff. When I walk/stand I get pain down my leg to my knee but thats on my left side. I cannot seem to find any info where all these pain areas could be connected.I have had blood/urine tests for infection,an ultrasound and xrays of my chest and right front rib cage.All tests came back normal. The pain is no longer constant (three weeks ago it was pretty much constant even when laying down and very unbarable)but it is still there and worsens when I sit/walk or stand for too long.
The pain is sometimes sharp/stabbing and other times it is dull or throbbing. I have had low back pain before this all flared up but not this severe.
Does anyone know what might be causing all of these areas to hurt. (The night it all started I was not doing anything that I can think of that would cause it)
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Lilly

Old 02-22-2002, 08:22 AM   #2
Veteran

Kamden HB User
Re: Back/Side/leg pain.. any ideas?

You really should go to a neurologist or some type of back doctor. The pains don't necessarily have to be from something you did that same day, but do sound like muscle and pinched nerve problems. Problems with these can come on gradually over time so that you have no idea what caused it. It can also get worse the longer you wait. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread