It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2002, 08:58 PM   #1

Klein HB User
Arched back?? Too arched!!

Lately, I've noticed that my back is pretty arched. It is really really arched that my butt sort of jutts out. It's sort of like when you wake up first thing in the morning and you stretch and yawn and you arch your back. I know it is natural for the back to be arched a little, but mine is arched a lot. I'm not suffering from any health problems b/c of this, but I was wondering how I can help "straighten" my back a little. My family has noticed this and have commented on how my buttocks jutts out. I've noticed that other people don't arch as much and there back are relatively straight.

Has anyone else experienced this and what course of action did you take?? Thanks for replies all!

Old 01-14-2002, 03:17 AM   #2

jjkursed HB User
Re: Arched back?? Too arched!!

Hi, since L1 I've found that some mornings the muscles don't work properly on my back. I often have to use my hand to press my lower back in to get the shape back. Your problem might be that some of your muscles aren't working properly and are now too tight from not being used. It is probably a good idea to go to a physiotheraphist to see what they can do. I also found that going to an osteopath helped as they look at your body as a whole and try to determine what is causing the problem.

Good Luck
JJkursed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2002, 04:42 AM   #3

Ktarus HB User

An added thought, weak stomach muscles can exaggerate lordosis (arched back). If you try strengthening those muscles you should find it decreases that arch.

Good Luck,
Kathi

Old 01-14-2002, 11:13 AM   #4

blondiebiker HB User

just wondering if you exercise well specifically run. I am a runner and also have a bit of a sway down there, but I have changed my posture when running and that has mellowed it some. I also do pelvic lifts (lay on back on floor and bend knees in front of you and then slowly lift pelvis off ground torwards ceiling keeping lower back straight ) this helps alot.
some people do have a natural sway to them, more then normal, so it may not be that you are completely off in that area, just need to work on it some.
good luck

Closed Thread