It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Cortisone Injection in neck??

Hello, I have a spinal fusion in my lower back and a full success. I have never had neck issues. Been having pain from the left of my neck to my fingers. MRI shows a minor buldging disk pressing on the nerves. Done some PT with no relief. DR wants me to have a Cortisone injection at c6-c7 in the hospital. Anyone had this done...isn't more like a band aid on the problem? I have read of major side effects and I have a very hard time taking oral prednisone. I get blurry vision and feel sick! Will the injection have the same effect....??

Appreciate any input!!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Cortisone Injection in neck??

You may find more answers on the Spinal Cord Disorders page as it's where neck problems are discussed or even perhaps on the Pain Management board.

If you've had problems with oral steroids you can have some of the same with injections BUT ESI seem to have less of an effect on most people than oral steroids.

For years I got ESI in my neck and did well. Then they stopped working and I eventually had surgery. Later on my PM doctor thought additional ESI may help ongoing symptoms and after a few cycles (1 injection every 2 weeks for 3 injections per 6 month period) I started having some "typical" steroid side effects like insatiable hunger and steroid related hot flashes so I avoid them now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Cortisone Injection in neck??

Thank you for the reply. That is my concern with sideeffects. Once the shot is in it takes a long time for the side effects to go away. My DR is to call today with hopefully another medrol pack as I did not take the last one. Maybe I can stick to one and it will help!

Closed Thread