It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

zoe6777 HB User
Unhappy I need some advice and help please

Hi my name is zoe ,I am 33 yrs old and 18 months ago i had a very fast on set of pain in my lower back after a trip to A&E, meny trips to the doctors ,physo and more different types of tablets than i think of i finaly had an mri which has shown i have damage to of my lower discs,and damage to dics between my shoulders too ,i have now been waiting to see a dr since august 2010 to be told they lost my notes !!!!! . while waiting for this appoiment i have started to have problems with my blader control too, i am at my wits end im in pain all the time and sruggle to do day to day things which is now taking its toll on my family i have 3 children between 11 and 15 even though they are great and help out 1 of them has altisum which makes life hard with out all of the pain i have , i just dont know were to go or what to do anymore please any advise would be greatful x

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: zoe6777
jeanniebugs71 (03-08-2011), shelsers75 (02-06-2011)
Old 02-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: I need some advice and help please

Zoe,

Go to the emergency room ASAP! You may have a condition called cauda equina syndrome. Look it up on the Internet - it's a situation where the nerves that control the bladder and bowels are compressed. If you do have it, you need to have surgery right away to free the nerves so you won't suffer permanent nerve damage and therefore permanent problems with bladder/bowel control.

It's possible something else may be going on with the bladder control, but it's not worth risking it. Please go to the emergency room as soon as you can today, and don't put this off for any reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
zoe6777 (02-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

maltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB User

Zoe, if you haven't already gone to an emergency room, please do so. Cauda equina syndrome is not to be fooled with and you will need to have surgery as quickly as it is possible. I know that the idea is frightening but the other option is worse and that is permanent loss of control of your bladder. Indeed, there could be other causes, but your symptoms make me think not. I surely hope we (two hands and I) are wrong and it turns out to be a different problem. If this is cauda equina, you could also start losing control of your bowels as well.

Please come back and let us know what you find out and how you are doing.

Blessings,

Carol
Last surgery Oct, 2010, 3 levels

The Following User Says Thank You to maltluver For This Useful Post:
zoe6777 (02-06-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
(female)

zoe6777 HB User

thank you both will keep you posted on what happens im of to A&E with this imfo you have given me and im not moving till they do some thing this time, on my last dr appoiment they was a moment were they spoke about disc fusion but nothing ever done i have been on at my gp now for 6 months and they cant even get this dam consualt to reply to them . i been told so meny different things by doctors i dont know what to belive , the best one was she was only intrested in my bra ( ok i have a large chest ) but even so all she went on about was my bra did not even look at me , been told it is in my head , and 1 even said loose weight and exercisce ,yes ok i need to loose a bit of weight but exersce is so painfull as i said im at my wits ends and this was a last dich attemp for some help and advice and talk to people that understand what im going through my freinds dont realy understand and seem to think just cos i can do somethink one day and not the next think im being a stubon and just dont want to do it ,i would love nothing more than to be able to do all my housework,washing ironing,gardening and run around with my kids again and be the out going person i was in 18 months i become a hermit i only go out when i have to and then i make sure some is with , i rely on my husband and kids so much and hate this feeling of being useless but thankyou again it is nice to know that people do understand and want to help and advise you on what you are going through as they have been there or are going through it at the same time with love and thanks x zoe x

Old 02-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

Zoe,

Best wishes to you, and I'm really glad to see you're going to have this looked at right away.

We do care very much about you, and hope you can finally get some resolution to your symptoms and get some of your life back. This is a time for you to take care of yourself and not feel guilty about it.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

maltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB User

I'm so glad you are going to insist on getting some help this time around. I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you soon. Don't allow them to brush you off!

Carol
Last surgery Oct, 2010, 3 levels

Old 03-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
(female)

zoe6777 HB User
Smile Re: I need some advice and help please

hi sorry it has been a while ,

just a quick update : panick over I had a realy bad bladder infection but better know
Ihave finaly seen the consualtent and have some good news and bad

i have damage to L4\L5 L5\L6 L6\L7 L7\L8 L8\L9 totaly gone 1 is causing a bouge ,
and 1 has torn and is pushing in to cyatic nerve .

also there is damage too S4\S5 S5\S6 S6\S7 S7\S8 but this is not his priorty

In the next 3 weeks i am going to have a pain trap put in i have asked about fusen but he wont do it untill i have had pain trap in if this works i can have it 3 times then he will look at fusing , in mean time i got have another mri as last 1 is 6 months old and he said being i gone down hill so fast he want to dubble check.

SO my next question is do youknow what a paim trap is and have you ever had it done ?
thanks again for your surport

hope you are all well
love zoe

The following user gives a hug of support to zoe6777:
bren9990 (06-16-2011)
Closed Thread