It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
(female)

starburst41093 HB User
Unhappy menstrual cycle and back injury

hello
I have multiple back injuries and i have noticed that during my menstrual cycle my lower back is very hot it swells and my pain level is excruciating to the point i cant get out of bed, i talked to my doctor about it he said it was because of the extra fluid my body was carrying. am i the only one this happens to? have anybody else experienced this? please reply if you have

The following user gives a hug of support to starburst41093:
ssofalvi (02-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

ssofalvi HB Userssofalvi HB User
Re: [B] menstral cycle and back injury[/B]

Hi Starburst,

I injured my back a year ago and am currently waiting for my spinal fusion on March 03. I experience the same thing, and my doc gave me the same diagnosis. My pain level in both back and leg pain increase astronomically when I am menstrating. If you are anythign like me, you are already on anti-inflamatories on a regular basis so popping an advil doesn't solve the inflamation problem... The only thing I found that helps is to ice my lumbar while putting a heating pad on my belly. Additionally I have been put on yasmin which is a pill you can take for three packs straight (no surgar pills) which means no period for three months... I does help but when I do get my period I am out for three days. It makes the pain more intense (something about a thicker uteran lining?)... but I would rather more pain for shorter periods than pain every 28 days! Good Luck!!
Let me know if you find anythign else that helps! I would benefit immensely from some cramp/inflamation relief!
Take care!
S.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

sassy411 HB Usersassy411 HB Usersassy411 HB User

In the early years of my cycle, I always had low back pain around my tail bone during my period.

I think low back pain is fairly common at that time, but your sounds much more severe than what is typical.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #4
(female)

shelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB User

hi starburst, i only just saw your post but wanted to answer, i suffer from sacroiilitis and degentrive discs and when i get my cycle i end up in agony, this is only since iv had back probles never had a pain before that. i have often ended up in the emrgency room around that time doubled over in agony. i dont know why this is but just wanted to let you know your not the only one, i mentioned it to my orthapedic surgeon(i have not had surgery yet) and he didnt know why this would happen. i hope your in less pain now, take care shelsers

Closed Thread