It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

Ash24740 HB User
Lump on lower left back with pain, not sure what to think

For the past week or so I have been dealing with occasional lower back pain behind my hip, but in the past few days its gotten ten times worse and now there is a lump located in the area. Sometimes it radiates down my leg and around my right ovary and I don't know if this is related but I have been having pelvic pain, ovarian pain and almost 3 weeks of on and off bleeding {somethings light, sometimes moderate bleeding} along with this back pain and lump, I am really afraid they are connected and I am really worried. It's been hard to be up on my feet for a long time, sitting down kills and even laying down hurts, I have a hard time sleeping at night. I don't know what's wrong and I am a little worried.

I haven't done anything really strenuous at all to throw out my back or pull anything, so I don't think its that.

If it gets any worse or doesn't go away I plan to go to the doctor to get it checked out, cause I am really worried something is wrong

What could this be?

Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Lump on lower left back with pain, not sure what to think

I don't think you should wait for it to get worse - I think you should go to the doctor this week to get an examination and have it all checked out.

I won't try to guess at what it could be, as you really need a doctor to do an examination to sort it out.

There are many back, sacroiliac joint, hip and gynocological disorders that can cause symptoms similar to what you are describing. Some of those problems are rather benign, while others can be quite serious or even life threatening.

I really urge you to see a doctor this week. It would help your doctor if you write down all of your symptoms and bring that in to show them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Least serious explanation for the lump: Muscle spasm. Would also explain the back pain. That would not explain the bleeding, though.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
(female)

Ash24740 HB User

thanks guys for your responses, I am starting to get a LITTLE more worried, considering this is going on for now 3 weeks, and has become alot worse since the last time I wrote.

I am almost constant amount of pelvic, abdominal, ovarian and lower back pain, with increased tiredness and even more severe bleeding. I was reduced to a little bit of spotting earlier this morning, but I put a tampon in just in case it increased once again, and sure enough when I went to the bathroom, it was full of blood, and is now coming out on the toilet paper again, I am monitoring its amount by a pad now to see how much there is.

Its not my period because it started 2 weeks early from what it usually is, and has been nonstop since, and I usually NEVER start around this time at where I am at in my cycle. It literally seems like I am bleeding from the inside somewhere and it takes these different levels where it will be spotting, to light, to moderate, take a break for a few hours, come back spotting, moderate, back to spotting, to nothing, to spotting, to now increasingly heavy

I am really worried something is wrong, and I am pushing my gyno to up my appointment to tomorrow because I am afraid something is seriously wrong with me, it doesn't feel right.

My stomach has been constantly bloated as well, and the pains are just fierce.

I feel it in my gut that something is wrong, and i have thing strong feeling something is.

I am at a point of becoming scared

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Ash24740
shelsers75 (02-15-2011), twohands (02-16-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
(female)

shelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB User

hi, im sorry to hear your in so much pain, i think if you cant get your appointment to see your gyno you tomorrow you should see your own doctor or maybe go to the emergency room. its better to be safe and it might put your mind at rest. i hope everything works out for you. take care shelsers

The Following User Says Thank You to shelsers75 For This Useful Post:
Ash24740 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

I agree that if you can't get in to see your gyno this week, you should go to urgent care or the emergency room. The pain and bleeding you are describing is not normal at all.

You need to be seen by a doctor this week, so please don't delay it for any reason.

Let us know what happens!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
(female)

Ash24740 HB User

Thanks guys for your responses and your care and concern, it means so so much because I am at a point where I am becoming scared that this is something serious.

Good news is that I get to see my regular doctor tomorrow morning to get it checked out which I am so thrilled about it cause I am so scared to wait any longer to get it checked!

Lastnight it went from bad to worse with my bleeding become much much
more heavy, it started pouring massive amounts into the toilet and toilet paper, and today i am feeling much more weak and tired and have literally had to stay in bed cause I am so weak and tired!

My lower abdomen, pelvis, lower back and ovarian area is so so tender that the slightest weight or touch kills, there is this feeling of massive pressure and the pain has been on and off today in general!

I broke down lastnight feeling absolutely scared out of my mind at what is going on, but I am trying to stick to the positive side and pray that this is nothing serious but sometimes it's so hard

I appreciate everyones comfort, i will keep you all informed, just say a little prayer for me please!

Last edited by Ash24740; 02-16-2011 at 01:27 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ash24740:
pooby (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

If you could be pregnant, drop your computer and call 911.

Otherwise, keep hydrated and resting until morning, unless it gets any worse.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:34 AM   #9
(female)

shelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB User

hi ash, did you go to the doctor, just wondering how you are, hope all is ok, let us know if you can, take care shelsers

Closed Thread