It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

missygt HB User
Thoracic ruptures, legs falling asleep when lying down????

I know I am not the only one going through this but I feel like I am trapped! I have ruptured Thoracic discs. The pain tonight is absolutely awful. Does anyone one else with this problem have trouble doing routine things, like washing dishes, hanging clothes in closet, brushing your hair?....if I raise my arms past my waist I get in serious pain that lasts days! I cant sit in anything with a straight back it has to be leaned back , this causes problems in public places. For the past several months I have a symptom that is sort of worrying me. When I lay down my legs go completely to sleep , and are really heavy feeling. Does this happen to anyone else and what could be causing it?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Thoracic ruptures, legs falling asleep when lying down????

I can't really comment on the thoracic disc issues, but whenever there are signs of legs falling asleep, or becoming slightly numb, it is a sign that a spinal nerve is being pinched or compressed. There are nerves that exit the spine at each vertebra, on either side. When the discs break down, the space between vertebrae lessens and this can allow for a nerve to be compressed.

Changing position sometimes allows the vertebrae to shift slightly, enough to open up enough space so the nerve can fully function again.

You might want to consult with the doctor who is managing your thoracic problems if this is a new symptom, or if it is worsening.

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
missygt (07-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread