It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
(male)

randy1955 HB User
L2 S1 laminectomy how long will I be in pain

laminectomy, I am 2 months post op. Dr. says he won't refill my pain meds. i am only taking 2 to 3 5-500 Vicodin a day still have nerve pain down my Rt. leg same as pre-op.. Lots of muscle pain in the lumbar region. cannot lay on my Rt. side without l4-5 nerve pain when I lay on either side @ L1-L2 it feels like my spine is breaking (lots of pressure).
I need to talk with somebody that has had this extensive laminectomy

Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: L2 S1 laminectomy how long will I be in pain

Welcome to the board. Are you saying you had a laminectomy without fusion from L2 down through S1? If so, I'll be surprised if you find anyone else that has had such an extensive procedure without also having fusion. What is keeping the structural integrity of your lumbar spine??

If your surgeon refuses to handle pain medication, you may want to find an interventional pain management doctor to supervise your medications. Since most of your pain is nerve pain at this point, you may want to switch over to a drug like neurontin or Lyrica.

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
randy1955 (08-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
(male)

randy1955 HB User
Re: L2 S1 laminectomy how long will I be in pain

Thanks for the welcome
I am happy to find someplace where i can talk to people who can understand my position. and yes I am saying I had a L2 thru S1 laminectomy without fusion. I really don't know about the spinal stability. I do know that laying on either side feels like there is extreme lateral pressure at L2-L1. I still have nerve pain at L4 L5 S1 that was there before the surgery, that pain runs around and down the outside of my RT leg, at 10 weeks out I am still in alot of pain, muscle pain along both sides of the lumbar and the nerve pain, I see my surgeon in 1 wk. and am going discuss stabilization issue and future pain control.
I am still involved in PT trying to work thru this \
Oh, this is a result from an [B]work related[/B] injury so I am also involved in trying to keep an employer happy with me...

Closed Thread