It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

Yolanda72 HB User
Please if you have back/neck issues hellllllp me understand the results. surgery?????

Hello everyone I suffer FROM CHRONIC PAIN I have had A DISC BULGE AT L4-L5 S1 SINCE I WAS 18 yrs old. AFTER A HARD FALL , IV HAD DROP FOOT, SIATICA. I HAVE DONE AQUA Theripy, PT, HEAT/ICE/ MORE PT, spinal injections. nothing ever worked for long or at alll for that matter. I have also been to pain management a few times where i got the injections and a spinal he refered me to a neiro sergion three yrs ago after long PT and many injections for what he called sacriillitis... but i got scared and just delt with it. I wish I didnt wait so long. MY QUESTION IS..... WITH ALL THESE ISSUES, DO I NEED SURGERY?????

AND DO I HAVE NERVE DAMAGE. ITS HARD TO UNDERSTAND MRI/X-RAY RESULTS ..LOL my fibromyagia is worse than ever i WAS REFERRED BY MY PCP TO SEE A RHEUMATOLOGIST. HE IS THE ONLY dR IV SEEN AND I suffer FROM CHRONIC PAIN FROM FIBROMYALGIA, I HAVE HAD A DISC BULGE AT L4-L5 S1 SINCE I WAS 18 AFTER A HARD FALL IV HAD DROP FOOT, SIATICA. i HAVE DONE AQUA PT, HEAT/ICE/ MORE PT spinal injections. nothing ever worked for long. I have also been to pain management a few times where i got the injections...

i WAS REFERRED BY MY PCP TO SEE A RHEUMATOLOGIST. HE IS THE ONLY dR IV SEEN IN YRS AND WILL ONLY GIVE MY TYLENOL WITH CODIENE AS HE WAITS FOR THE RESULTS OF THE MRI/NECK XRAY...... ALL i WANT IS RELIEF FROM THE BONDAGE OF THIS PAIN, PRESSURE AND WEAKNESS. TYLENOL3 DOES NOT HELLLLP AT ALLLL. WHAT DO I DO?????? THIS DR SENT ME FOR THIS MRI OF MY BACK AND XRAY OF MY NECK AND PRETTY MUCH TREATED ME LIKE I WAS LYING ABOUT THE PAIN EVEN THOUGH i HAVE A VERY WEAK REFLEX IN LFT LEG AND HE ALSO CHECKED MY LEFT HAND AND I CANT HOLD MY PINKY OUT WHEN HE SQUEEZES MY HAND TOGETHER THIS IS NOW HAPPENING TO THE RT PINKY. ITS GETTING WEAKER AND WEAKER. SO HE IS SENDING ME FOR A NERVE TEST WHICH IS GOOD I HOPE. I HEAR ITS PAINFUL??? HE HAS NOT GOTTEN THE RESULTS OF MY MRI OR X-RAY THAT IM SHARING HERE. I JUST HAD IT DONE FRIDAY. the pain in the back of my thighs hurts really bad AND IN THE FRONT THIGH ON THE RIGHT IT'S VERY INTENCE AT TIME AND IS ALWAYS THERE.. I cant even sit through dinner without having to get up to relieve the pressure. ITS JUST SO HARD TO TELL MY DAUGHTER NO I CANT PLAY BALL WITH YOU OR NO WE CANT GO FOR A WALK OR NO THIS, NO THAT.. ITS SO NOT FAIR. i HAVE HEAT SENSATIONS IN PLACES I NEVER FELT BEFORE.my lower extremities are losing feeling along with numbness and burning sensations under feet on top of feet and on the thigh downwards. I now limp because my lft hip area kills if i put pressure on it besides i have had my leg give out on me many times and fallen. it just cant bare the weight anymore. IT FEELS LIKE MY WHOLE PELVIC AREA HURST AND IS STIFF ALL THE TIME AND WORSENS WITH GETTING UP OR SITTING DOWN. MY ARMS AND LEGS ARE WEAKER THAN EVER AND IM GETTING NEW SHOOTING PAINS UP MY HEAD, DOWN MY ARMS ESPECIALLY THE LEFT AND SHOOTING PAIN DOWN MY UPPER BACK. THIS IS NEW AND WONT GO AWAY LIKE BEFORE WHEN I HAD A STIFF NECK. I toss and turn with neck, hip, back, buttock, arm and leg pain. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP ANYMORE its all just getting worse and I cant find any relief from the pain. the only dr Im seeing now is my fibromyalgia DR... HE SENT ME FOR MRI OF BACK AND X-RAY OF NECK.. HERES THE RESULTS................................. ........................................ ...................
staightening of my cervical spine/neck,moderate disc space narrowing at C3-C4 Where there is associated chronic vertebral body spurring . there is also vertebral body spurring anteriorly at C4-C5 and C5-C6 .... tHERE IS MODERATE TO SEVERE BONY FORAMINAL NARROWING on the right at C3-C4 OUTCOME FOR MY NECK IS Chronic Degenerative and posttraumatic DISC DISEASE. mostly at C3-C4 there is also significant Foraminal Narrowing. AS FOR MY LOWER BACK.... l4/5 There is Disc desiccation along with some loss of disc height 1mm of grade 1 retrolisthesis... there is a rudimentary Disc at S1/2. there is a shallow DISC BULGE along with mild losterior corner SPONDYLOSIS. There is also FACET ARTHROPATHY. There is also prominence of the poterior EPIDURAL FAT which is what surrounds/PROTECTS my SPINAL CORD And there is also mild narrowing of THE THECAL SAC. There is also mild NARROWING OF THE NEURAL FORAMINA,Left GREATER than right. at L5/S1 There is DISC DESICCATION ALONG WITH moderate LOSS OF DISC HIEGHT. 1MM of grade 1 retrolisthesis. there is also a mild right disc protrusion. there is mild right posterior CORNER SPONDYLOSIS. There is FACET ARTHROPATHY. THERE IS SOME NARROWING OF THE RIGHT NERUAL FORAMEN. I haver sufferd a great deal of pain for 20 yrs to be exact. I have tried PT, injections, spinals and nothing helps. I have pain down my buttock, thigh, leg calf and even foot with having foot drop at times. the pain is unbarable. cant sit of stand long, I limp now and cant batre weight on the left leg . my lft hip clicks and hurts. I toss and turn all night trying to find a comfortable position. PILLOWS DONT WORK!! I have burning, tingling, and numbness through my buttock into my legs and also in my arms. I cant carry a cup of coffee without feeling like im gonna drop it. im VERY WEAK in both my arms, hands and legs /feet. my leg feels light there is lead in it. I have pain in my neck and shoulders radiating down into my arms, back and even hands. I also get shooting pains into the back of my head with numbness in my face on the left. I have lost most of the feeling in my lf pinky and ring finger. on top of all this I SUFFER FROM FIBROMYALGII suffer CHRONIC PAIN I HAVE HAD A DISC BULGE AT L4-L5 S1 SINCE I WAS 18 AFTER A HARD FALL IV HAD DROP FOOT, SIATICA. i HAVE DONE AQUA PT, HEAT/ICE/ MORE PT spinal injections. nothing ever worked for long. I have also been to pain management a few times where i got the injections and spinal he refered me to a neiro sergion three yrs ago but i got scared and just delt with it. well my fibromyagia is worse than ever i WAS REFERRED BY MY PCP TO SEE A RHEUMATOLOGIST. HE IS THE4 ONLY dR IV SEEN AND WILL ONLY GIVE MY TYLENOL WITH CODIENE. ALL i WANT IS RELIEF FROM THE BONDAGE OF THIS PAIN, PRESSURE AND WEAKNESS. TYLENOL3 DOES NOT HELLLLP AT ALLLL. WHAT DO I DO?????? THIS DR SENT ME FOR THIS MRI OF MY BACK AND XRAY OF MY NECK AND PRETTY MUCH TREATED ME LIKE I WAS LYING ABOUT THE PAIN EVEN THOUGH i HAVE A VERY WEAK REFLEX IN LFT LEG AND HE ALSO CHECKED MY LEFT HAND AND I CANT HOLD MY PINKY OUT WHEN HE SQUEEZES MY HAND TOGETHER THIS IS NOW HAPPENING TO THE RT PINKY. ITS GETTING WEAKER AND WEAKER. SO HE IS SENDING ME FOR A NERVE TEST WHICH IS GOOD I HOPE. I HEAR ITS PAINFUL??? HE HAS NOT GOTTEN THE RESULTS OF MY MRI OR X-RAY THAT IM SHARING HERE. I JUST HAD IT DONE FRIDAY. the pain in the back of my thighs hurts really bad AND IN THE FRONT THIGH ON THE RIGHT IT'S VERY INTENCE AT TIME AND IS ALWAYS THERE.. I cant even sit through dinner without having to get up to relieve the pressure. ITS JUST SO HARD TO TELL MY DAUGHTER NO I CANT PLAY BALL WITH YOU OR NO WE CANT GO FOR A WALK OR NO THIS, NO THAT.. ITS SO NOT FAIR. i HAVE HEAT SENSATIONS IN PLACES I NEVER FELT BEFORE.my lower extremities are losing feeling along with numbness and burning sensations under feet on top of feet and on the thigh downwards. I now limp because my lft hip area kills if i put pressure on it besides i have had my leg give out on me many times and fallen. it just cant bare the weight anymore. IT FEELS LIKE MY WHOLE PELVIC AREA HURST AND IS STIFF ALL THE TIME AND WORSENS WITH GETTING UP OR SITTING DOWN. MY ARMS AND LEGS ARE WEAKER THAN EVER AND IM GETTING NEW SHOOTING PAINS UP MY HEAD, DOWN MY ARMS ESPECIALLY THE LEFT AND SHOOTING PAIN DOWN MY UPPER BACK. THIS IS NEW AND WONT GO AWAY LIKE BEFORE WHEN I HAD A STIFF NECK. I toss and turn with neck, hip, back, buttock, arm and leg pain. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP ANYMORE its all just getting worse and I cant find any relief from the pain. the only dr Im seeing now is from staightening of my cervical spine/neck,moderate disc space narrowing at C3-C4 Where there is associated chronic vertebral body spurring . there is also vertebral body spurring anteriorly at C4-C5 and C5-C6 .... tHERE IS MODERATE TO SEVERE BONY FORAMINAL NARROWING on the right at C3-C4 OUTCOME FOR MY NECK IS Chronic Degenerative and posttraumatic DISC DISEASE. mostly at C3-C4 there is also significant Foraminal Narrowing. AS FOR MY LOWER BACK.... l4/5 There is Disc desiccation along with some loss of disc height 1mm of grade 1 retrolisthesis... there is a rudimentary Disc at S1/2. there is a shallow DISC BULGE along with mild losterior corner SPONDYLOSIS. There is also FACET ARTHROPATHY. There is also prominence of the poterior EPIDURAL FAT which is what surrounds/PROTECTS my SPINAL CORD And there is also mild narrowing of THE THECAL SAC. There is also mild NARROWING OF THE NEURAL FORAMINA,Left GREATER than right. at L5/S1 There is DISC DESICCATION ALONG WITH moderate LOSS OF DISC HIEGHT. 1MM of grade 1 retrolisthesis. there is also a mild right disc protrusion. there is mild right posterior CORNER SPONDYLOSIS. There is FACET ARTHROPATHY. THERE IS SOME NARROWING OF THE RIGHT NERUAL FORAMEN. I haver sufferd a great deal of pain for 20 yrs to be exact. I have tried PT, injections, spinals and nothing helps. I have pain down my buttock, thigh, leg calf and even foot with having foot drop at times. the pain is unbarable. cant sit of stand long, I limp now and cant batre weight on the left leg . my lft hip clicks and hurts. I toss and turn all night trying to find a comfortable position. PILLOWS DONT WORK!! I have burning, tingling, and numbness through my buttock into my legs and also in my arms. I cant carry a cup of coffee without feeling like im gonna drop it. im VERY WEAK in both my arms, hands and legs /feet. my leg feels light there is lead in it. I have pain in my neck and shoulders radiating down into my arms, back and even hands. I also get shooting pains into the back of my head with numbness in my face on the left. I have lost most of the feeling in my lf pinky and ring finger. on top of all this I SUFFER FROM FIBROMYALGIA a DEEP stabbing, radiating pain throughout my body fingers to toes. This is a lot of pain for one to deal with. A a DEEP stabbing, radiating pain throughout my body fingers to toes. This is a lot of pain for one to deal with. I cant even clap my hands at church anymore or even sit through the sermon. it hurts too much... someone help me, direct me???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread