It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
(female)

Kier a HB User
Right shoulder blade pain/ache

Hello, I've been feeling this pain in my shoulder blade area, it's not excruciating pain. Just feels like the pain is inside. Sometimes it switches to the left side. I'm a smoker and I already went to the doctor and asked if it was lung related she said no and prescribed me muscle relaxer and some ibuprofen. I've been feeling it lately and was wondering if anyone had this kind of pain before and what they did. Help? And thanks for sharing

Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
Re: Right shoulder blade pain/ache

Hi Kier - your pain sounds very much like the pain I've had in the past. I always described it as pain around my "wingbone" - which in grow up terms is the area of my scapula. I've had the pain on the left side and it was diagnosed as bursitis. My pain management doctor gave me a trigger point injection of numbing medicine & a steroid directly into the area of pain. It took the pain away immediately because of the numbing medicine. When the pain returned after the novacain wore off it was definitely lessened. After 2 days the pain went away. Currently I am having the same pain, but on the right side of my back - but this has turned out to be a compression fracture at T1 which was diagnosed this week. I'm not surprised by the fracture as I have severe osteoporosis and have broken almost all my vertebra from T2 down to S1. I'm not saying that you have a broken vertebra, but if the pain continues you should see a doctor and perhaps have an xray taken to see if there is anything that shows up as a reason for your pain. Good luck to you! BB

The Following User Says Thank You to BrittleBones For This Useful Post:
Kier a (09-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
(male)

nfld HB User

Hi, i have been haveing pain in my left shoulder and shoulder blade.The pain feels like a dull ache in my shoulder but the shoulder blade pain is diff, its like the muscles are sore and hurt to touch and i find it hurts more when i take a really deep breath and arch foward. Lately my back has been hurting(mid back) it feels like my spine is bruised and the pain goes around to the front of my ribs(left side)it also is just a dull ache.I have seen a chiro. He said there was a spot in my mid back that didnt move it was stuck or something. He had xrays done that he said were normal, so he adjusted my back witch felt good for a while but not for long.To make a long story short after 9 visits to the chiro he said there is nothing else he can do for me and said if the pain doesnt go away in a month or two go see my doc.I have seen my doc and he says its just muscular, i think its more and hes just giveing me the easy answer.I think it may be a fractured facet joint that may have occured at the chiro but my doc wont order xrays.......im not sure wts wrong really but i do know something in my back is screwed up and my shoulder, weather or not they are related im not sure. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

Old 09-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Kier and Nfld, both of you are describing symptoms of muscle strain. You would be surprised at the pain our muscles can cause, and other symptoms such as tingling and numbness. I have lived for years dealing with back and neck problems and muscles are one of the major sources of alot of pain. Physical therapy helps me immensely. The therapist works on taking the knots out of your muscles. And yes the back and shoulder muscles are connected and most likely related. When I injured my neck, the therapist started right at my shoulder blade, where the bone sticks out, right next to that was a very bad area that caused tons of symptoms and pain above that clear up to my neck and head. This affected my upper back, shoulder and neck muscles, they are all connected. So when one tightens up, it pulls on the ones it is connected to, so the therapist starts at one spot, and continues up to the next muscle connected to it. You can get referred to therapy if you tell your doc about your muscles and pain. Muscle relaxers and rest usually don't help much, this is what they start out with to see if it works, then they usually refer you to physical therapy. Good luck to you.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
(male)

nfld HB User

thank you for your reply. I have been doin physio for a year now. It seems to keep me from getting any worse but i seem to plateau at a certian point and can never get the issue resolved. I have seen an othopedic sergeon and he seems to think i have a bad case of tendonittis in my rotator cuff and or a partial tear that wont heal properly. I am currently waiting on an mri which i am praying will give me a clear answer as to wt is going on with my shoulder and shoulder blade. It does improve at times but then it sems like all i do is sleep on it a certian way or something because when i wake up in the morning the pain is there with a vengence again......it is very frustrating. It seems like i take 10 steps forward and 5 steps back.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

I'm glad you are having an MRI done and saw an orthopedic doctor. Hopefully you can find out what the problem is and get the right treatment then. I do know when the problem is more than just muscles, a person can get better only to a certain point, then you stop. This happened to me also when I was getting treatment for a herniation. Good luck to you. Atleast you can finally get something done for whatever it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kasey443 For This Useful Post:
nfld (10-04-2011)
Closed Thread