It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

tylerbrown HB User
Red face Alif

Hey everyone, I have a kind of embarassing question.. I had an anterior lumbar fusion on 9/14/11 at L3/4 - L4/5 and ever since the surgery I have had a lot of vaginal discharge..

Is this normal? How long does it take to go away? Believe me I have much bigger things to complain about - but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Alif

[COLOR="Navy"]That's a new one to me. The only thing I can think of is perhaps you might have a yeast infection. Have you been drinking enough fluids to keep you flushed out? Does it itch? Perhaps you could call the nurse at your surgeon's office and ask her what she might think it is....

good luck![/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB User

I did pop up with a yeast infection not long after my 8/8 ALIF. I'd had them frequntly for a while but it had been years (IDed the culprit as a long drive in sweaty gym clothes). Not sure if it was the antibitiocs or just physical issues that spurred this one. If you haven't had one before with similar symptoms, do see a GYN to check it out. I think they also have some OTC tests in the fem products aisle

And I totally think it is worth fixing "smaller" issues that CAN be remedied during a long recovery that is a tough road. Also, I like that this board is a safe place for Qs that are a bit hard to ask...benefit of being behind a screen and in a place with fellow patients.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

I don't know if this applies to your problem, or not, but general anesthesia upsets the hormonal balance and can cause a variety of issues -- throwing off a menstrual cycle, problems with hot flashes, sweats, etc. so I imagine it could cause more of a discharge. Maybe call your ob/gyn and ask about it if you don't want to ask your surgeon.

Closed Thread