It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
(male)

gpinzone HB Usergpinzone HB User
sunburn like burning pain from pinched back nerve?

IS there anyone with a pinched nerve in their back that causes burning pain like sunburn. My back is so sensitive you cant even touch it. If I try to touch back with cream or even if i put clothing on it hurts.

I want to make sure it is possible that disc compression can cause this. I know nuropathy can. Its occuring on my upper back, lower back of my neck and back of my sholders and sometimes triceps. It happens on both side.

I am in so much pain. My herniation is t6-t7 and epidural didnt nothing. Doctor says T-6 is too low down to cause pain up there but I have taken every test out there and this is the only thing that has come up abnormal.

HELP!!!

Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: sunburn like burning pain from pinched back nerve?

Whenever I see someone inquire about a pain that feels like a sunburn, I always think of a condition like Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Following is a link to information from *****, which is the "sister" site to this board, and we are allowed to link with their medical information!

http://www.*****.com/pain-management/guide/crps

Spine patients have been known to develop this or a similar type nerve involvement from treatments such as steroid injections, nerve blocks and some other diagnostic testing like discogram, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 AM   #3
(male)

gpinzone HB Usergpinzone HB User
Re: sunburn like burning pain from pinched back nerve?

[QUOTE=tetonteri66;4863874]Whenever I see someone inquire about a pain that feels like a sunburn, I always think of a condition like Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Following is a link to information from *****, which is the "sister" site to this board, and we are allowed to link with their medical information!

http://www.*****.com/pain-management/guide/crps

Spine patients have been known to develop this or a similar type nerve involvement from treatments such as steroid injections, nerve blocks and some other diagnostic testing like discogram, etc.[/QUOTE]

Your saying people got this from steriod injections? I did the injection 3 months after the back burning in the T6 area which is not area where the pain is coming from.

I had burning in my chest for last 9 months and burning in my back for last 3 months. Going on Lexapro 5mg seem to make the burning in chest go away but the burning in my back got worse. Buring in my chest was never felt sensitive to the touch. Infact rubbing cream or the area or taking a hotbath would make it feel better. My back is another story. It gets worse as you touch it. I had an MRI of my thoracic spine and found the herniations T6-7 and then had the EPidural which really didnt help. Pain menagment Dr said its too low on my back to cause pain where I am experiencing it.

I only have the burning pain and not any of the other symptoms. Also its symertical in nature. Happends middle of upper back or lower back of neck, or shoulder blades, sometimes tricpes. But its always both sides not one.

Stage 1 (lasts 1 - 3 months):

Changes in skin temperature, switching between warm or cold

Faster growth of nails and hair

Muscle spasms and joint pain

Severe burning, aching pain that worsens with the slightest touch or breeze

Skin that slowly becomes blotchy, purple, pale, or red; thin and shiny; swollen; more sweaty

Stage 2 (lasts 3 - 6 months):

Continued changes in the skin

Nails that are cracked and break more easily

Pain that is becoming worse

Slower hair growth

Stiff joints and weak muscles

Stage 3 (irreversible changes can be seen)

Limited movement in limb because of tightened muscles and tendons (contracture)

Muscle wasting

Pain in the entire limb

If pain and other symptoms are severe or long-lasting, many people may experience depression or anxiety.

Signs and tests

Diagnosing CRPS can be difficult, but early diagnosis is very important.

The doctor will take a medical history and do a physical examination. Other tests may include:

A test to show temperature changes and lack of blood supply in the affected limb (thermography)

Bone scans

Nerve conduction studies

X-rays

Last edited by gpinzone; 10-20-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Closed Thread