It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
(female)

rcwillia HB User
Best chair to use when returning to work? (teacher)

I will be going back to work after the new year and was trying to think ahead about what kind of chair would be best for me after my anterior/ posterior l5 s1 fusion I just had. If I can figure it out I might be able to get my husband to give it to me as a Christmas gift.

I am a title I teacher at an elementary school and work with kindergarten and 1st grade students. I travel to 6 different classrooms in the morning and pull small groups to my room in the evening. My problem is every table is made for little kids so they are short...as are the kiddie chairs that go with them.

I was thinking of just a rolling stool like doctors offices use. I'll be wearing my brace so I wouldn't need the back if a chair would I? And they have an adjustable shift bar too. And I might be able to wheel it from class to class.

I'm not sure. I'm scared I'm going to hurt my back trying to sit in such small seats again so I'm trying to think proactively. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB User
Re: Best chair to use when returning to work? (teacher)

I just got out of my brace and didn't feel like it replaced a chair back. I would think adjustable lumbar support is helpful....you wouldn't need much of it while in the brace (and it might even be an odd "bump" next to the straight edge) but it might be good to have the support when you are brace-free.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
(female)

rcwillia HB User
Re: Best chair to use when returning to work? (teacher)

Most of the chairs I found online with adjustable lumbar support wouldn't go low enough for me to sit at the table with the kids, and I think it would be harder to move from room to room in the morning.

:-(

Closed Thread