It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
(female)

azfemale HB User
update PLIF reschuled

I had posted on here a few weeks ago about having my PLIF sx. That weekend I had a major melt down. I pretty much cried all day that Sun. about having the sx. I had so many mixed emotions going on that day..... I was seriously thinking I would cancel the sx. Well Mon I woke up and felt a peace about the sx. I think I just needed the emotional release from it all. So I had everything ready for my sx that Fri. Did all my prepping around the house and at the hospital. We were literally driving to the hospital when my surgeons office manager called me and said she had not gotten an approval or denial from my ins co. Long story short the insurance co. denied it at 9am.... my sx was to be at 11. I took time off work to take care of all this.

Anyway, last week my Dr had a peer to peer with the medical director who denied the sx and got it approved!!! YAY I scheduled it for Dec. 15th. I'm not nervous or anything about the sx this time around. I have actually gotten a few more things together to make life easier during recovery! I'm ready for sx as my pain is getting worse every day now.

A little of my history: I have 3 boys. My back problems started when I had my second son. I felt a pop in my back when I was delivering him. He weighed 10 1/2 pounds! My 3rd son was 10 pounds. In 2007 I slipped and fell on my back. I was diagnosed with DDD and ruptured disc. I was on percocet and tried pt and injections with NO relief. So, first sx was scheduled in july, minimally invasive laminectomy. After sx there was no relief. I could barely walk. Second sx was that same year in Oct, laminectomy/discectomy. Woke up to NO PAIN! I was so happy. I did very well over the next few years. Went to school and got my Vet Tech Cert. I actually got a job at a Veterinary Neurological Center here in Phx. Went through a divorce, am remarried now and have 3 step kids.

The only thing that happened this year is that I got sick in Jan and was at work. I was coughing from the cold and next thing I know I am in pain! Really, all I did was cough!!! So once again I'm on pain meds, getting an MRI, seeing my pain management Dr. Injections didn't work at all. I had another MRI a few weeks ago. It showed that my herniation was worse. So that's where I am today.

I look forward to hearing from you all. I have been reading through posts and am glad there is wonderful support here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB User
Re: update PLIF reschuled

Sorry to hear about the hassle. Best of luck on the 15th!

And I'm impressed you went for another after a 10 pounder!!!

Closed Thread