It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
(male)

edbennett HB User
I,m on Methadone ,No Doctor will treat me

I,ve been on Methadone for 20 yrs. It was the best thing I ever did in my life,I think, but my life had turnned from bad to great, I,m now 52 yrs old, own my own carpentry company, but life is turnning down hill, I was in a motorcycle accident in the 1970s, had a compound knee fracture, was cut on 4 times to get it right, also broke my arm, in about 25 yrs ago they found a defect at L4 due to all the spasms, so they took more bone from me and put it between L4 and L5 a fusion, well it was great for alot of yrs, I started getting bad pain and spasms, so I went to the doc and found that the fusion as failed, So I hurt all day, both knees, back, spasms, I have been to 3 pain clinics and no one will touch me, I had 1 clinic cut the nerives that maybe sending pain to the brain,it did not work, 4 days ago I cut my finger on the tablesaw, went into the bone and the ER did not know how to treat me due to the Methadone. I NEED HELP ,I can,t live like this, what do I do ? I live in MD, on my very bad days I take more Methadone, but then I have to take less on other days, I tried everything, as anyone else had this problem ? Thanks for your time Ed

Old 12-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janiee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB User
Re: I,m on Methadone ,No Doctor will treat me

Please don't take more Methadone than prescribed by your physician. Taking more of this kind of medication can literally kill you. This narcotic, unlike the other narcotics, remains in your system for a very long time. So taking more than prescribed just adds to what you've already collected in your system, and this can lead to respiratory depression. If this happens, you can die. So please be careful! Can you make an appt. to see the doctor that prescribes the Methadone? Is he a Pain Management Doctor? If not, you might want to look for one. Also, you might want to see a board certified Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon as well...janiee P.S. Welcome to HealthBoards!! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Last edited by janiee08; 12-07-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: forgot a few things

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread