It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
(male)

JohnnyB64 HB User
Back/ Lung pain only whilst sleeping

Hi All,

For some time now I have been experiencing pain across my middle to upper back just below the shoulder blades and around the lungs area. The strange thing is that it only occurs when I am laying down sleeping at night.

I start sleeping on my back and all is ok but often wake up and am unable to move because of the pain. I am only able to take short breaths as big breaths also result in pain.

i then will try to sleep on my side but once the pain has started it remains in whichever position I lay and cannot be relieved.

In the morning i struggle to roll out of bed but once I do within minutes the pain has disappeared.

I have tried massage, changed mattresses, used anti inflammatory medication, but all to no avail.

I went to see my doctor and he has tried to suggest that it could be linked to sleep apnoea, but his conclusions were based on some vague possibilities and I am not convinced and a little disillusioned to say the least.

Has anyone heard of or experienced any similar issues? as I am concerned that misdiagnosis could result in something being missed

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread