It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

keggers HB User
Right flank/hip pain

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas what my problem might be. I have a dull, aching, sensitive pain on my right flank/hip. It started about 6 weeks ago with a pain spot above my right hip bone in front. I would be sitting and when standing I'd get a pain in this one spot. It became annoying and I have been getting nauseous and had some diarrhea. So I went to my doc who thought ectopic pregnancy, ruled that out fast. So he thought chronic appendicitis or ovarian cyst. So I went to get an ultrasound. Showed a small cyst on my left side, not my right and appendix was fine and all blood work came back with no infection. So I'm scheduled to get a CT scan. While I wait for that stupid referral to happen, it's gotten worse and moved. In the last 3 days it's bigger of an area. Now it's all of my right flank from ribs to hip and it's in my back. It's just a dull ache. Unless I stand up, then it's like a catch with pain and I can walk it off a little. As I'm sitting here now at my desk, I feel like my right middle and lower back are almost tingling sort of? I've always been uber ticklish on the sides of my back and it sort of feels like Iím being tickled, but also in pain at the same time. I've always hated when my husband tickles my back because it hurts, even before this pain, I'm just way to sensitive and when he tickles it's like every nerve goes off in my back. Anyway, it feels like that now with the pain that goes down to my hip joint area. My problem is I want to talk to my doctor again, but it's SO HARD to describe it. I can't tell if it's intestines or bone or muscle. Kind of feels like a combo of all 3! My stomach issues, could be completely separate from this pain, I don't know. They come and go. I'll be sick to my stomach for 10 minutes and then the wave of nausea will go away. I have really loose stools almost all the time and diarrhea at least 3-4 times a week. SO having said all this, I've had pancreatitis before, but this isn't that painful. I do not have my gall bladder, had gall stones will logged in my pancreas, hence the pancreatitis. Any who. I need some ideas. I feel like this CT will come back normal because I can't describe my pain well (and blood work is all normal). HELP!
Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Right flank/hip pain

Welcome to the board. It is difficult to say what might be going on. The intestinal upset is a symptom that doesn't usually go along with a back or spine problem. Sometimes severe pain can make a patient nauseated, but it doesn't sound like that is the case with you.

Nerve pain often presents with a tingling sensation, and is a result of a spinal nerve compression. Depending on the location of the nerve pain, the doctor knows where to start looking for problems in the back.

I would say you will just have to begin by ruling out everything that is not causing your problems. A normal CT scan will be normal because you do not have any issues with your spine. It will have nothing to do with your ability to describe your symptoms.

But it sounds to me more like some sort of digestive/intestinal issue than a structural problem with your spine.

Closed Thread