It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Jim00076 HB User
Smile L-5 S-1 Hardware Removal 12.20.2o11

First off I wanted to say how Thankful I was of this board it helped get me some good information and help alleviate some of my concerns.
Anyway I had 4 huge screws and 2 truss rods removed from my back yesterday from a 2006 L-5 S-1 Fusion.And from the minute I woke up I noticed that flaming softball size pain knot is gone from my back. Don't get me wrong I feel like I've been hit by a truck,around the surgery area, But it's a different kind of pain. I'm hoping for a "Good" kind of different. My strength between both legs is consistent again (I played my drums for a minute to make sure,Please don't tell the wife).
And except for being extremely sore I have no more leg pain. Sorry my post is a little scattered,still kinda buzzed from the meds. But it's only about half as much as I was taking. I'll post again in a couple of days to let you know my progress. But if this is a procedure your thinking about,It's already making a difference in my life.
Hope this helps. and Thanks again for the Forum
Jimmy

Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: L-5 S-1 Hardware Removal 12.20.2o11

Hey Jimmy ~

Just spotted your post. Excellent news. Thanks so much for letting us all know. People often wonder how a hardware removal procedure compares to the fusion surgery. You can come back in a few weeks and give us details.

I'm going to scold you in place of your wife. Do NOT take any chances with the healing of this procedure. Take it just as easy as you did the with the fusion -- no bending, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, etc. until you are healed!! It will be a great gift if this surgery "fixes" your issues...so do everything in your power to make it a success!

In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread