It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User
Can anyone offer any insights?

Greetings,

I have some questions that I would like some input on. I do not have "classic" back trouble (sciatica, etc). However, I have discovered (via ct scan) that I have arthritis on my spine, and I seem to have particular trouble with my mid-back up to between my shoulder blades. So, I would like to describe my pain and see if others can relate and maybe have any suggestions. I have been to a cardiologist that has ruled out (I hope) heart trouble.

I get pain in my mid to upper back. This pain is a bit different as it isn't really a sore feeling, more of a burning, raw sensation that is not surface, but deep. The pain seems to travel around to my chest. I have an aching/burning sensation on my xyphoid process, as well as what can be best described as a deep burning or raw sensation in two fixed locations on my chest. These areas are about 3 inches below either side of my collar bone, or about halfway between my nipples and collarbone. It feels like the pain is deep and not superficial. If I lay on a hard surface with a heat back wadded up and put directly under my mid back, that seems to help. I also get a fair amount of pain throughout my chest when I stretch or twist, as well as pain radiating throughout my abdomen. Lately, I have noticed another odd one; on my right butt I get a feeling as though I sat in hot water, and then it goes away, only lasts a few seconds to maybe ten seconds at most and then goes away. It doesn't hurt, it's just weird. Can anyone relate, or am I a unique case?

Regards, Brenden.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Can anyone offer any insights?

I don't have any personal experience with thoracic spine issues, but I can tell you that the dermatomes for the thoracic spinal nerves run in concentric circles around the trunk, rather than up and down as they do in the limbs. For this reason, when there is some thoracic nerve irritation or compression, it can result in pain in the chest or even what seems like an organ located in the interior of the body.

Whether this might be a cause of your pain, or not, I cannot say...but, it might be worth checking out.

Closed Thread