It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

danimal15 HB User
micro-disectomy for herniated disc

My doctor said I may need a micro-disectomy for my L4 and L5 herniated discs (I've been in pain off and on - mostly on) since August.

Can people who've had this procedure comment on whether it helped?

Thanks.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

danimal15 HB User
Re: micro-disectomy for herniated disc

Sorry, everyone. I searched the site and found loads of threads similar to the one I just started. No need to reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: micro-disectomy for herniated disc

Hi Dan,

I think over-all, people are usually pleased with the results. My surgeon has told me the biggest problem he has in his practice is making patients realize that they need to follow instructions and give their spines a chance to heal up.

So often, people feel so good after surgery that the impulse is to try to do everything they haven't been able to do in recent months due to pain, etc. They lose sight of the long-term goal and kind of throw caution to the wind...at least for a little while...and end up reherniating the disc or causing further problems.

If you do have the surgery, be aware of this tendency and behave yourself, so you do not become one more reherniation statistic!

Closed Thread