It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

Future53 HB User
Effacement-Cord Deformity, bulges, spurring

Just had a new mri and have to wait 2 weeks to see my surgeon. Can anyone interpret this mri for me. I usually feel frustrated when I leave the surgeon's office, this time I would like to be a little more prepared with questions. Last time they were discussing possible surgery. Here are the mri results.

C3-4: there is moderate disc bulge in conjunction with bony spurring across midline and preferential to the right with mild right sided foraminal narrowing. This is new as compared to previous study.
C4-5: there is focal bulge in the midline effacing the anterior CSF space coming in contact with anterior aspect of cord causing deformity of the contour of cord anteriorly.
C5-6: there is disc bulge and bony spurring effacing the anterior CSF space and deforming the cord in the midline, unchanged since prior study.
C6-7: this is disc bulge and bony spurring in the midline and preferential to the right which is similar to that seen previously. There is mild right sided neural foraminal narrowing.

LUMBAR - Moderate loss of disc space height at L4-5, which is seen in conjunction with posterior extension of disc material preferential to the left of midline with a contour most consistent with a relatively focal bulge. This deforms the anterior aspect of the thecal sac across the midline and preferential to the left.
Impressison, focal bulge preferential to the left at L4-5 with some deformity of the anterior aspect of the thecal sac at this level. This is seen in conjunction with a component of desiccation and moderate disc space narrowing.

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread