It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
(male)

Itralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB User
Back spasms that never stop!

Hello everyone that knows me out here. I'm hoping someone can give me some insight. I originally became disabled because, of a fall that resulted in a dual disc herniation as well as soft tissue damage all over my ribcage. I recently had to have a acdf C5-C6 that I am happy to say is healing nicely. Slow but good. I'm actually starting to feel the benifits! I have been cutting back on my meds and already, my mid back all the way around. (to front of ribcage both sides) hurts so bad especially when I am up and walking, for any amount of time over ten mins! All the meds I was on during my extreme problem of a flattened cord in my neck. Have made me totally forget about why it was, that I have been sitting home for three years now! I am so lost and, have no idea where to turn @ this time. I have been to countless Drs. covering all fields! No-one has been able to explain the depth of soft tissue damage to me. I was always under the impression it would heal w/time. Anyone with any words of wisdom concerning soft tissue, would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes to all on these boards in there endeavors and struggles!

Old 01-22-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User
Re: Back spasms that never stop!

Sounds like you are going through a tough time. With a recent surgery giving you improvement, you may be attempting more or different physical activity than you have in some time. In the alternative, you may have had one injury that was distracting you from the other pain.

I hope that your soft tissue woes abate soon. If your primary complaint is muscle spasms, you might ask your doctor to change your medication. Different anti-spasmodics have different pathways. For me, the flexeril wasn't working, so my doctor changed me over to Soma.

Good luck and hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Back spasms that never stop!

Muscle spasms sometimes come from structural misalignment and muscle imbalances in the skeleton, such as:

A pelvis that tips forward more than normal
Any back weakness such as arthritis, spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, disk rupture, spinal stenosis
Lordosis
Tight hamstrings
Weak or inflexible muscles along the spine
Weak stomach muscles

Since you are recovering from cervical surgery, I wonder if you are carrying yourself differently, or somehow compensating for the neck issue and it is ascerbating the muscle spasms.

Doctors in general seem to want to ignore muscles and soft tissue. I wonder if you have tried an ortho doctor who specializes in Sports Medicine? They more than most specialties are forced to look at the way a body works in motion and how injuries keep it from working properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
Itralian1 (01-22-2012)
Old 01-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
(male)

Itralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB UserItralian1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Back spasms that never stop!

@tetonteri66 I will look into and, research all you had to share w/me about misalignment as well as muscle imbalances. Now I'm curious as to wether I did something other than fracturing my pelvis in 84. As far as healing. let be be a lil clearer about my soft tissue. It has been taunting me since I fell in 2007and never got any better since. drs. sent me back to work within 3 months from fall. While I was still very much in pain. Told me I would get better and they could do nothing else for me. (these were all workers comp drs.) What a bunch of F-ups they all were! They even missed my buldging disc in neck. because I never complained about any pains there and, naturally I got screwed for that. I have never healed right from this accident and, now feel that oppurtunity window closed long ago! I did have physical therapy. A lot more than average but, this was not done till 6 months after the fact! I will ck sports medicine docs but feel its just too late! Thanks again for your feed back you too peansinsf! best to you both!

Closed Thread