It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

Jen3195 HB User
Question Worrying but bizarre pain

For the past week I've been having a strange symptom. Whenever I swallow food - NOT liquids, I get a brief twang of sharp pain in my right shoulder blade area. Possibly the trapezius muscle because I feel as if I have strained this muscle and remember twisting round over a week ago to look at something on my back. I feel as if the muscles above the breast, under my armpit and round into the shoulder blade are a bit burny and tender.

i have googled and googled this and keep coming up with gall-bladder, GERD or reflux. I have no abdominal pain. There is no pain AFTER eating - it is more a mechanical pain that only happens with each swallow of FOOD. ie., if I take a mouthful of drink - nothing at all, then if I bite and swallow food - twang!! and that's it.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm beginning to panic that it's something seriously amiss. I want to believe that it is just a pulled muscle and when Im swallowing food, it's hitting off a nerve or something - but can this happen?

I would appreciate any comments and thanks for helping

Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Worrying but bizarre pain

Difficulty and/or pain when swallowing can be a sign of a problem in your neck with a herniated disk or a blocked and compressed nerve or any number of problems. I have pain when I swallow but only if I turn my head to the left. The fact that it hits the right side and only the right side would make me think that it may indeed be a nerve issue. Not only do you have the nerves to the arms in your neck, you have nerves to the chest, neck and scalp.

Just my guess but you need to see a doc.

Jenny

The Following User Says Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
Jen3195 (02-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread