It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

tammykinz HB User
chronic back tension

Does anyone know what causes chronic back tension ?? I can't handle doing much of anything anymore. It just gets tighter and tighter, achier and achier and then it starts causing pain right on the spine intself.

I feel like I am dying !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: chronic back tension

One reason for muscle tension is due to guarding. The body automatically adjusts to keep a person upright...to keep the person from falling over. When these stabilization sensors get a message that there is some danger to the spine, signals are sent out to work harder, The muscles tense up in an attempt to protect the spine. This can lead to muscle spasms and cramps.

If you have a structural misalignment somewhere between your feet and your head, it can result in this situation. If you have some instability in your spine, muscles will guard and the result will be this stress and tension.

And finally some people carry lots of stress through their upper bodies. Poor posture can make the situation worse.

The more tension you carry, the worse the symptoms become. It is a vicious cycle.

Do you know if you have any instability in any segments of your spine? Have you had a MRI or CT scan?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
(female)

tammykinz HB User
Re: chronic back tension

No. I had a back sprain mid-back last summer and it will not Heal Physiotherapy has made me feel worse. Just after Xmas this physiotherapist said I had some stiff spinal joints so she layed me on my stomach and pushed really hard up and down my spine. Since then I have been worse than ever with pain on my spine and all the surrounding muscles keep tensing up. I am having anxiety thinking I have some horrid disease because I should be getting better not worse.

I apparently have some ossification in the mid back to the intervertebral body ligament. I am 36 !! Too young right. I am overweight and have always had bad posture and used thE computer alot which I know has caused strain. The final straw was at work when I was pushing a med cart.

I just want to know if this will heal and I don't know how to make it heal. I can't take it anymore. 2 months ago I could stay up all day , now I can't last more than a few hours without having to just lay down. I swear that physiotherapist caused me damage. Either that or I have a disease !!

I haven't had MRI or CT as doc doesn't think necessary because no neurological signs. Ugh

Last edited by tammykinz; 02-04-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Closed Thread