It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB User
pillows

Do my back buds have any strong pillow recs? I bought one not long ago but it lost its firmness FAST (granted, I got it for $5 at Targer). I usually sleep on my side and wind up stuffing part of a blanket under my ear/neck for added help. No feathers (allergies). I think we are allowed to name products, just not link....but I google well!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: pillows

My bedroom looks like a supply room for the pillow department. I've found that not only does one pillow not work for every "issue" but even when I find one I like, it usually only works for a period of time. I am assuming it is because something heals just enough that "things" change...so I just keep trying different combinations.

Some people like the memory foam pillows for their neck/head, and I have used one in the past, like temperpeutic....I've tried one and am not a big fan, but some people seem to swear by them.

Do you have trouble when sitting? If so, have you heard of Back Joy? I've had one for about 4 years now and use it all the time. I used to lug it with me any time I went to a movie, a restaurant, a play, etc...anytime I would be sitting for any period of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User

I swear by the aforementioned Tempurpedic cervical pillow. Before I bought the cervical pillow, my PT recommended taking a handtowel rolled into a cylinder and placing that under my neck for extra support. I also recently bought a high leg wedge for back sleeping and stuff a regular pillow between my knees when I side sleep.

However, not everything works for everyone. If you have access to a good back store, you may want to try out a couple of different items. There are large and small cervical pillows, for example, and the salespeople often have recommendations based on what has worked for other customers. If you don't have access to a back store, make sure you go to a store with a good return policy. You can always put a plastic shopping bag over the pillow to try it out at home -- just don't fall asleep that way!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB User

I am usually okay with a few throw pillows when sitting. I'll check out a temperpedic next store visti!

Closed Thread