It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
MRI-Results

Hi everyone....
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback about MRI Results that I just back in.... I have been dealing with numbness and tingling in my feet and pain in my back and weird issues in my abdomen and legs:

INTERPRETATION:
Coronal sagittal and axial imagees were obtained using multiple pulse sequenses

There is mild to moderate levoscoliosis.

There is a central posterior disc herniation with disc bulge at L5-S1 with borderline in impingement upon both S1 nerve roots. There is no evidence of spinal canal stenosis, compression deformity, spondylolithesis, spondylolysis, or suspicious lesions. Signal intensity of chest and vertebrae appear to be normal.

the conus, nerve roots of the cauda equina and nueral foramen appear to be normal. There is some osteoarthritis of the apophyseal fat-sat of the lower lumbar spine.

IMPRESSION:
Disc hermiation at L5-S1. Levoscoliosis. Osteoarthritis of the apophyseal facets.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: MRI-Results

I can give you some general information about your report. Things appear normal in the lumbar spine with the exception of the following:

There is some arthritis in the lumbar facet joints.
Each vertebra has a pair of facet joints along the outer edge, which are referred to in this report as an apophyseal joint.

The report indicates there is "mild to moderate" levoscoliosis, which is a slight curvature of the spinal column, going toward the left.

Where your pain is probably coming from is the finding of the disc herniation at the disc located between the lumbar 5 and sacral 1 vertebrae. This bulge is extending out from the disc and is pushing up against the S1 nerves as they are coming out from the spine.

The spinal nerves carry messages out from the central spine to the various parts of the body. In this case, the S1 nerves innervate the outside back of the leg and run down the outside back of the calf, and around the side of the foot to the little toe. The report does not indicate the size of the herniation or how badly the nerves may be compressed, so your doctor will correlate this finding with what he finds upon neurological and physical exam.

Other than the above findings, everything else about the lumbar spine appears to be within the "normal" range.

Last edited by teteri66; 02-27-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread