It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

Natalie8045 HB User
Back/ rib pain

I have had bad pain in my upper left back for almost 2 months now, I think the pain came from my boyfriend hugging me really hard. I have been to the doctors who pushed really hard on my back and made it worse! after i screamed she said I think its a rib injury. So i went to therapy for 2 weeks, they said that I messed up a ligament around my rib. I am getting an x-ray done tomorrow. The pain is on the left of my upper back it is probably a 5 inch line between my scapula and spine, it is a burn/ sharp stab when inhaling, no pain when exhaling. I remember hearing a noise when my boyfriend hugged me really hard and now it cracks when I move a certain way and it hurts to sleep in some positions. I can't escape the pain.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Back/ rib pain

Welcome to the board. Hopefully the X-ray will reveal what is causing your pain.

If it is something like a ligament, it can take a long time to heal...as can a cracked rib. Sometimes what doctors will consider a small injury can be an ongoing source of pain to the patient. If it turns out to be a ligament or a cracked rib, and you need to just let Mother Nature take her course and let your body heal it up, there are some topical products you can use to help ease the pain....something like Bio Freeze or a really great Chinese product called Zheng Gu Shui - Chinese External Analgesic Lotion. It looks like soy sauce, and is a think liquid. It is used by Martial artists to soothe their injuries, and has worked great for some of my pain issues. It is available online if you can't find it locally.

Last edited by teteri66; 02-28-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread