It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
(female)

Angelicdragon HB User
sciatica return

Hi. e were in a car accident July 17th when a street light fell on top of our car after the car in front of us went head first into it thus knocking it over and bending it so from the bend to the top fell on us. IYKWIM.
Anyhow my back hurt really badly but I was sure it was just from being jarred by the sudden impact on top and then from below when it hit the road and bounced back up and hit under the boot of the car. I took painkillers and after a few days it more or less resolved. I have scoliosis so I am used to back pain in the background all the time.
I had had cramps in my left lower leg and foot since September. and then had sciatica start in late December. My back had also been aching so badly it was agony wrapping up christmas presents. So anyhow onto February.
my birthday was on Friday 3rd, we had friends up for the weekend and on the Sunday morning I was disoriented in time and had to use a walking stick to get to the lounge from the bedroom. 15 minutes later when I went to get up to go back to bed I found I could not move my left leg at all and was excrutiating pain. My husband wheeled me on the computer chair back to bed lol. but then 20 minutes later I couldn't move at all to get out to go t othe toilet. My husband called an ambulance and they gave me some lovely stuff to breathe in and managed to get me onto the trolley.
I had CT scan then MRI and they found a herniated disc between L5 and S1, quite common I believe. The cocktail oh pain meds along with morphine got me through from then until they decided to operate on the Monday after I had been there a week. I ended up nearly 3 weeks in hospital.
It was fantastic to wake up and have NO sciatica, aweseome, wonderful, fantastic. Then a week later it was back to my devastation.
The Drs told me it would just be inflammation but here we are March 2 and I still have the sciatica only now I have twinges in the right leg two. I don't see the surgeon until April.

Has anyone else had sciatica return like that after microdiscectomy? He only removed the part of the disc that was pushing out and calcified and compressing the spinal cord.
Any suggestions wold be good..
I must admit i am not one to sit still so maybe I may have moved the wrong ay or done something?
Judy
Jan '14 PLIF L5/S1 (fusion)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread