It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

peps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB User
Suggestion for laptop users with low back pain

I just made this suggestion to someone in a thread I was commenting in, and figured I would share it in a separate thread. I hope I am not violating any rules with this suggestion, as it is not a particular brand that I am suggesting.

For low back pain sufferers who like to use laptops . . . . as funny/odd as this may sound, get yourself a hospital type adjustable height bed table. The weight of the laptop on your lap can increase your pain. I know this from personal experience!

I ordered one of these tables online a month or so ago, and it has been my back's best friend. I paid just under $70 for the thing including shipping, and it has been worth every penny.

There are also bed trays out there that would work for the same purpose, as a cheaper option. I like the table, as all I have to do is roll it out of the way when I want to. It also comes in handy for really bad days when sitting at the dinner table would be completely miserable.

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for my laptop (some of the work I do on my computer, I need the number pad and other aspects of a regular keyboard), so the height of the table can be adjusted to accommodate a pillow under my knees if I need it as well.

Just thought I'd share something that I have found that helps me out!

The Following User Says Thank You to peps90436 For This Useful Post:
headachey7 (03-18-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
(female)

IamNancy HB User
Re: Suggestion for laptop users with low back pain

wow, thats a great idea! I hate having mine on my lap since the weight on my legs does bother me and I was just trying to figure out something to solve this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to IamNancy For This Useful Post:
peps90436 (03-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
(male)

CTWsr HB UserCTWsr HB User
Re: Suggestion for laptop users with low back pain

On my original post about a month ago I recommended a thing called a "laptop laidback". I'm up for 3 level fusion in about a month. I found it by doing a Google search. I found it about 6 months ago. It allows you to work from a completely prone position, is very sturdy and egonomically terrific. I have absolutely no reason for recommending this thing except for the fact that has allowed me to triple my work productivity in my run up to surgery. I hope this can be helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to CTWsr For This Useful Post:
peps90436 (03-19-2012)
Closed Thread