It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User
Cool Mornings are such a bittersweet....

I have been sitting in my lazyboy quietly since 3am. Up due to back pain and not being able to lie in bed any longer but in the midst of my self pitty I realize: I am enjoying something amazing, something I would otherwise be sleeping through... What is it you ask? Peace and quiet, serenity, awesome stillness, birds chirping, quiet still earth. Then it hits me.... What a wonder world we live in. this is an awesome time, an awesome placed we live in and despit all the pain and sorrow we all endure on a daily basis we need to remember that how ever hard it is to move on it is that easy to forget how good we have it. We are not in some third world country being dictated how to think or feel. We have wonderful options like venting and looking to peers for support on the internet on healthboards..... Lots to be greatful for and I wanted to take a moment to deflect this morning... If you read this post please post something.... Tell me a story about something you have gained outta all this back pain and problems... I dare you! One good moment, one aha thought something positive. I have been dwelling on negative for years and feel I am in need for some positive.....

Good morning to you all and I look forward to reading your post to having you help me find the good.

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

peps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB User
Re: Mornings are such a bittersweet....

Since having to slow down, I have actually learned to enjoy a less hectic pace. It's nice to not have to be worrying about rushing out the door to go somewhere every day.

I have always enjoyed listening to the birds and to nature in general, so I still enjoy that.

I've also really had an opportunity to experience the wit and sense of humor my three boys have. There have been many hilarious moments with them over the last several years.

The Following User Says Thank You to peps90436 For This Useful Post:
sandiemas (03-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

Yes our children can bring as many moments of happiness. when we are working and busy building our lives and careers we can't forget the little thing, children laughin, bird chirping, chris morning and the dew on the grass. simple pleasures that we are all too busy to enjoy. thank you for your post and it is hard to remember the fun things in life. sometimes we have to remember the simple thing... my children bring me many moments of laughter and joy. just to have the ability to sit and enjoy them is something I will never regret.

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 03-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
(female)

Well I guess there isn't much positive out there. I really thought this would start people thinking of the good and have several responses. Again lurking in the shadows at 3 am....

Taking a drive today to a town close to Yosemite National Park, dreading the drive it is 2 hours and me and sitting in a car don't get along. On that same note looking forward to all the spring green, enjoy in the mountains, getting out of the house, and of course family. My mom is having several medical issues and after this last bit in the hospital they are testing her 1-kidney left daily hoping she can bounce back and not have to go on dialysis.
Yosemite National Park, I use to love to go hiking and spend hours drawing the waterfalls, taking pictures of the gorgeous areas. I hope that one day soon I can share this with my adopted kids and take them for hikes in Yosemite to see the waterfalls....

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Last edited by sandiemas; 03-29-2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Didnt realize some stuff wasnt deleted.

Closed Thread

Tags
acdf surgery, back pain, chronic pain, disability, ssdi