It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

One blessed mom HB User
Question I'm a newbie to this board, Facing Pelvic Fusion sugery..

I am fused L-4 to S-1...I have been thru two different surgeries. I have a cage, plate and several screws. Since that first surgery i have had a "popping, slipping, grinding" feeling in the frount and back of my pelvis. I suffer 24/7 from pain and have now for the last ten years. Just recently i found a doctor that was willing to do further testing to see what may be the cause of my misery. He found my pelvis is unstable. Do any of you know alot about that? Have you been thru the surgery? Are you suffering now? I would love to hear from you.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

peps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB User
Re: I'm a newbie to this board, Facing Pelvic Fusion sugery..

Have not been through surgery yet, but know exactly what kind of pain you are talking about. I had diagnostic/treatment injections in my right SI Joint about 2 years ago, and just had another one on Monday. I will need one more diagnostic soon, and may be having SI joint fusion on the right side. The pain can be absolutely miserable. I have been having a 'good' week, but there are plenty of times where I just want to pull my hair out the pain is so bad. Can't sit, walk or stand without agony. From the beginning of January through early March was one of those 'you have got to be kidding me' time frames.

Since you have had spinal fusion and based on your screen name, you have had kids, you are at risk for SI joint problems as well. Doctors are starting to find that people that have had spinal fusion sometimes develop SI joint problems because the body mechanics have been changed. Women who have had children are more at risk for SI joint problems as well because of the relaxing of those joints for childbirth.

There are many people that have had SI joint fusion . . . some have had good luck, some not so much. There are several ways of doing the fusion also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
fusion help, pelvic pain