It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

let me walk HB Userlet me walk HB User
Question 4 days post Lumbar ESI: Pain all over?

I had my lumbar ESI on Wednesday. Weird 2 days following with emotions. Still a bit freaky with that. (I have spinal stenois in L3/L4 and EXTENSIVE-SEVERE lumbar facet arthritis in my entire lumbar spine and some mild degenerative scoilosis in the lumbar spine). I am a very active person (former competitive inline skater) and continue to workout daily (now with the back stuff it's a much more moderate). I'm 48 years old, 6'1" tall, and weigh 143pds.

Questions:

Felt relief in left leg on 2nd day, worse on third day and now about the same as it was before I got the injections (so not much change). Can I hopefully still get some improvement...is it too early for me to be discouraged?

I am experiencing pain in my lower left rib cage on the back side. It's freaking me out that I might have thoracic spinal issues. I've only had the MRI done on my lumbar spine. The pain feels really deep, it's hard to explain. It's intermittent too (and, yes, I do get this pain after I've done a MILD back/bicep/core workout). Can lumbar spinal stenosis or lumbar facet arthritis cause this type of pain up near the L1 level and the floating ribs along with ribs 6-10 and then sometimes right in the middle of my mid-back? This pain has happened to me intermittently for the past 3 months.

Thanks,
Julie

Old 04-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

peps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB Userpeps90436 HB User
Re: 4 days post Lumbar ESI: Pain all over?

Don't know about the upper back pain, but the steroids can affect your mood/emotions.

I've never had the epidural, but with other steroid injections, it can take up to a week for them to fully kick in. I was just told this earlier this week following the steroid injection I had in my right SI joint. I don't know if the epidurals work differently or not though.

Hope things mellow out for you a bit soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread