It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
(male)

truetotheend HB User
tired of hurting, numbness

Just wanted to say hi to every one. I am 45 and have had back pain since i was 18. I am so very tired of hurting so bad that i spend most of my time in bed. I have had 3 lower back sugeries and one cervical fusion. Was on pain meds, muscle spasm med, nerve med and sleep meds. I know that i need to be on them still but since i wasnt getting any financial help couldnt go to dr. Now am on social security disability but stil not able to afford going to a dr. Have to wait til at least december of this til i can recieve any type of medicare. I am just so tired of hurting so bad all the time. Any one have any suggestions?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: tired of hurting, numbness

Hi True, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I too am tired of the pain and am on disability.
There should be some type of medical assistance you can get until your insurance kicks in.
Human services in your county would be the place to call and ask to speak to a person about getting medical help. If it is not available through there, they may know where it is, such as a free clinic.
I think you are on the same meds I am. The only thing that has really helped me with the pain is laying in a warm tub of water, but then a person can't live in there, and the pain comes back once I am out.
A damp heat pack helps also, and always having a pillow between my legs if on my side, or under my knees if on my back.
I have what is called a neck sock, ( my sister bought it for me in a drug store ). It is long and has rice or something in it, and made to hang around the neck, but I use it on my back also.
I heat it in the microwave with a half cup of water sitting in there beside it. The sock soaks up some of the water, so it is a little damp when heated, and I then lay on the sock or put it where ever I need it.
Also I went swimming one time when my back was very bad and the pain and swelling had gone completely away after about 2 hours of just being in the water. I was in heaven the rest of the day.
Do you have a place you could go swimming, a local pool, a motel with a pool or whirlpool that they let people swim in even if they are not staying in a room?
We have one here, you just call around and ask, otherwise they don't advertise it.
I hope you can get some relief from the pain, I know it gets very old.
Please let us know if you find some help. I will be back after the weekend is over.
I hope you have a nice pain free Easter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

truetotheend HB User

just wanted to thank you for the reply. Have a great weekend. Will check on the things u suggested.
Lee

Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Hi again, I thought I was going to be gone for the weekend, but I don't think I am going anywhere until tomorrow.

Human services has a medical assistance program ( I am on this ) that helps people who cannot work, who do not have insurance and do work, or who are low income etc.

You should not have to lay around home and suffer.

Please call them and ask to have a phone interview if you cannot go in, ( I have had these ) explain your circumstances, your pain etc., and that you need medical assistance to be able to go to doctor appointments, get treatment and pain medication until your insurance kicks in.

They should be able to get you on some type of assistance right away.

Good luck and let me know what you find out.

Closed Thread