It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
(male)

smahsv HB User
l5 s1 back problem

hello can any one help please i had l5 s1 microdiscrectomy 7 weeks all was very good till 6 days ago i have lower and middle back pain which comes and goes all day now any reasons why ijust got them now before op i had no pain in back just left leg and foot numbnass which went away straight after sugery really worried at the moment that i have reherniated again any help would be good please

Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User
Re: l5 s1 back problem

Did you do any new activities that might have caused your pain? Is it possible that you might have overdone some activity?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
(male)

smahsv HB User

yes i have been bending alittle more surgen said last visit i should go back to nearly normal activities but be careful still have not been lifting no weight could it be possiable ive pulled muscles in back its lower and middle pain i work on farm driving tractors alot moving up and down before op i would of just said sore back but now im scared

Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
(male)

smahsv HB User

if i have hurt muscles will the heal in time or should i go see surgen again

Old 04-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User

Because you weren't doing a lot of activity right after the operation, your muscles are probably a little deconditioned, so it's easier to pull something. Doctors forget that when they say "let pain be your guide", that the pain doesn't kick in until you've already overdone it. It's better to ease into activities, take frequent breaks, and work back up to normal over a period of a few weeks.

Follow up with your doctor -- while you are waiting for a call or appointment, be sure to ice the area, use Advil/Aleve if safe for you, and try not to worry too much. Bending is not real great for your back in general, and since you have already had one injury, you might try to find ways to re-engineer parts of your life/work to avoid bending as much as possible.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
(male)

smahsv HB User

ok ty will try and not worry to much i will let you know how i go after seeing surgen on wednsday its my 2 month appointment

Closed Thread