It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

boohicks HB User
low back pain, stress test good idea?

I recently was discharged from PT following an SI joint pain that happened 7 weeks ago. I still have some lower back pain 1-2, on occasion a 0, but religioulsy do my stretching exercises. My Cardiologist wants me to do a stress test in 2 weeks on the treadmill, is this a good idea? I am afraid my back will start huring again? Has anyone done this with low back pain or SI joint? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: low back pain, stress test good idea?

Are you currently experiencing pain when walking?

Could you afford to wait a month or so to perform the stress test or do you need to immediately?

I guess if I were facing a similar situation and could afford to do it at some point in the near future, I would take that option just to be on the safe side regarding the SIJ pain.

You may just be getting over the hump and any new irritation may bring the symptoms back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
(female)

boohicks HB User
Re: low back pain, stress test good idea?

No I don't have any pain while walking,slowly building myself up to the 30 min I used to do 7 weeks ago. I can wait for the test, it is in another 2 weeks. Just wondering if I should wait longer. But I agree, I don't want symptoms to come back since I am doing so well. Thanks for your unput.

Closed Thread