It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
(male)

dullpaine HB User
lamintomy completed

It has been just over one year since my 21 year old son had a lamintomy performed on his bulging disk at L5-L4. The surgery went as planned. The post recovery was real bad. He took the pain killer perkocet (sp) as labeled and he did not have any bowel movements for over 7 days. Returned to hospital with his belly blowing up from gases. Pain was 10 and I have never seen him that distressed. A couple stiches in his back opened. Morphine saved him and three days later his internals functioned. Do not take pain killers as perscribed. Back to the lamintomy. Before the lamintomy he could never sit down without pain. Today he is atleast sitting down and I would guess at 50% less pain. I only hope in time it well become even better. After the surgery he did not have any improvemnt for over six months. I guess you need to think long term. He is working and dancing doing what young men do and overall I have to say I am glad he did the operation. He really was in pain and could not sit for college. Still not in college :-(

Old 04-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User
Re: lamintomy completed

Sounds like your son is much improved. With the lengthy recovery, I wonder how much improvement is due to the surgery and how much improvement he would have had without surgery.

I hope your son gets back to school. Is there a possibility of going part-time, since he is still having pain? My minimum wage job during high school ensured that I finished high school, college, and two post-grad degrees either in the expected timeframes or sooner.

Last edited by SweetPeainSF; 04-14-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread