It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
(male)

slainte1 HB User
herniated l5s1 surgery question

hi all!

i havde a "fairly large" l5s1 herniated disc and waswondering if anybody has had surgery or heard any reviews from dr ditsworth out in bevery hills? instead of cutting through your muscle and bones he uses another less invasive type of surgery. i'm looking to make an appoinyment for surgery this week and will try him unless i hear of any bad results from his surgerys. I can't walk and have been getting progressively worse which is why I'd like to get things resolved and over with.

Thank you for any feedback.....

Old 04-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
(male)

SFlorida HB User
Re: herniated l5s1 surgery question

[QUOTE=slainte1;4961947]hi all!

i havde a "fairly large" l5s1 herniated disc and waswondering if anybody has had surgery or heard any reviews from dr ditsworth out in bevery hills? instead of cutting through your muscle and bones he uses another less invasive type of surgery. i'm looking to make an appoinyment for surgery this week and will try him unless i hear of any bad results from his surgerys. I can't walk and have been getting progressively worse which is why I'd like to get things resolved and over with.

Thank you for any feedback.....[/QUOTE]

How much time have you given it? Try two weeks of bed rest first. Also one Vicodin a day and one Flexeril and a few Tylenol a day have helped me from being almost immobile two weeks ago to being almost back to normal after being diagnosed with a severely herniated disk.

Last edited by SFlorida; 04-15-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
(male)

slainte1 HB User

haha! sorry for the spelling errors, I blame the pain killers I've had back pain for a little over a year. I think its been herniated the whole time but at different levels. I went to a chiropractor during december 2011 and my back felt better all through jan,feb, and march. then I hurt it again about 4 weeks ago, looking like the leaning tower of pisa. It started to improve a bit and then bam the past week the pain has been worse than ever; I unable to walk and it hurts laying down in any position. It doesn't seem to be improving at all so thats why I'm thinking of surgery. I can try another week to see if it improves but I'm afraid of another relapse and missing another week of work. if I do decide surgery I'd like to get it by the doctor I mentioned but want to see if anyone had a bad experience there since its a different type of surery than the norm...

Thanks..

Old 04-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

[QUOTE=slainte1;4962108]haha! sorry for the spelling errors, I blame the pain killers I've had back pain for a little over a year. I think its been herniated the whole time but at different levels. I went to a chiropractor during december 2011 and my back felt better all through jan,feb, and march. then I hurt it again about 4 weeks ago, looking like the leaning tower of pisa. It started to improve a bit and then bam the past week the pain has been worse than ever; I unable to walk and it hurts laying down in any position. It doesn't seem to be improving at all so thats why I'm thinking of surgery. I can try another week to see if it improves but I'm afraid of another relapse and missing another week of work. if I do decide surgery I'd like to get it by the doctor I mentioned but want to see if anyone had a bad experience there since its a different type of surery than the norm...

Thanks..[/QUOTE]

I have no experience with the mentioned dr but have had a l5-s1 discectomy. I have been worse since the operation. Have you thought about having an epidural or steroid injections I would definatly try those befor surgery if you can only because once you operate you have the chance of developing fibrosis, extra scare tissue, which can cause pain as well.

I am sorry you are having so much pain and hope you find relief soon.

I am

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
(male)

acheshun HB User
Wink Re: herniated l5s1 surgery question

[QUOTE=slainte1;4961947]hi all!

Thank you for any feedback.....[/QUOTE]

Hi,
Dr. David Ditsworth did an operation on me about 4 years ago - I couldn't walk back then and couldn't find a proper part of my body to sleep on without a pain and daily on drugs. After 2 hours of a surgery - I was feeling like I was borh again and was pain free. I definetly recommend this guy (if you didn't visit him as of yet) - it will change your life forever!
Regards,
Alex

Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
(male)

acheshun HB User
Wink Re: herniated l5s1 surgery question

Hi,
Dr. David Ditsworth did an operation on me about 4 years ago - I couldn't walk back then and couldn't find a proper part of my body to sleep on without a pain and daily on drugs. After 2 hours of a surgery - I was feeling like I was borh again and was pain free. I definetly recommend this guy (if you didn't visit him as of yet) - it will change your life forever!
Regards,
Alex

Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
(female)

AndreaS84 HB User

Same level done on dec 20 th 2012. Previous eating 3-4 hydros a day and miserable. Three days post surgery stopped pain meds. Walking two miles two days ago swam yesterday.
I feel great
If its been a year you risk nerve damage. Five years down the line surgery or not your outcomes will be much the same. Find a good doc and go for it is my advice.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
(female)

Beachgirly HB User

Sorry for what you are suffering with. Back pain is difficult to deal with. Hope things go well for you and you experience pain relief.

Closed Thread