It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
(male)

ready4chng HB User
Re: MRI Results in... Looks bad at L5S1...

ok... I could use some advice.

First Dr said TLIF. Second doctor said Microdiscectomy. Now I'm thrilled at the thought of not have a fusion but I also want to make sure I am solving the problem. With stenosis and herniated disc and that the disc is thin and dark, what should i do?

The second doctor seem to think I should be fine with the Microdiscectomy. He said he might have to do two, one on either side if he can't get everything on just the right side. He also said IF at a later time I need the fusion I could have it with no problems due to having already had the Microdiscectomy.

Can a Microdiscectomy really take care of the stenosis and herniation?
Is there really no downside to having the Microdiscectomy. He thinks the disc, while thin and dark, would be fine.

What do I do?!?!?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
(male)

ready4chng HB User
Re: MRI Results in... Looks bad at L5S1...

ok... I could use some advice.

First Dr said TLIF. Second doctor said Microdiscectomy. Now I'm thrilled at the thought of not have a fusion but I also want to make sure I am solving the problem. With stenosis and herniated disc and that the disc is thin and dark, what should i do?

The second doctor seem to think I should be fine with the Microdiscectomy. He said he might have to do two, one on either side if he can't get everything on just the right side. He also said IF at a later time I need the fusion I could have it with no problems due to having already had the Microdiscectomy.

Can a Microdiscectomy really take care of the stenosis and herniation?
Is there really no downside to having the Microdiscectomy. He thinks the disc, while thin and dark, would be fine.

What do I do?!?!?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread