It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
(male)

gary5661 HB User
HELP with MRI results please !!!!

i received my mri results today for my neck problem diffured pain down my left arm was wondering if anyone out there could simplify them for me and possibly tell me what it means and if im going to need an operation or what treatment will be offered as its left me a little shell shocked.
right heres my mri results

MRI spine cervical
there is loss of the normal lordosis with disc osteophyte bars between c3 and c7;
at c3/4 no significant foraminal stenosis.
at c4/5 there is a small central disc 0steophyte bar indenting the anterior theca but no convincing foraminal stenosis.
At c5/6 there is a large posterior disc osteophyte bar which extends into the left c6 foramen and is likely to be causing nerve root impingement. it is also causing flattening of the anterior aspect of the left side of the cervical cord.
At c6/7 there is generalised disc osteophyte bar indenting the anterior theca although no convincing foraminal stenosis.
conclusion:
large left sided disc osteophyte bar at c5/6 with left c6 foraminal stenosis and nerve root impingement.

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to gary5661 For This Useful Post:
RaXtu922 (04-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: HELP with MRI results please !!!!

Welcome to the board. One would think that the back board would cover all aspects of the spine, but, that would be an error. If you scroll further down the page into the "S"s on the Health Issues page, you will find that "Spinal Cord Disorder" board, which is where members with neck (cervical) issues post and share information.

I could give you some general information about your MRI, but you will get more complete information if you post on the Spinal Cord Disorder board. While there are many similarities between the cervical and lumbar areas, we with lumbar issues do not have to worry about spinal cord impingement...and that is the one thing that carries with it potential possibility of paralysis...so, for this reason, I don't even try to deal with cervical MRIs.

Please make your inquiry on that board. I know someone will be able to help you. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread