It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Devin08 HB User
Right middle back pain, pain under right rib cage

Hello all, I have some symptoms I would like you guys to help me with.

1. First one is I have been feeling this weird pain (I think it's either my back or one of the organs on the right side in middle close to spine on the right, pain feels like its coming from inside). Since december, I feel this pain when I burp (backwards burp, its a weird thing I do where I inhale air really hard for a second I dont know how to explain it), its kind of like a dull pain. Other times I would feel it while walking around. At the beg. of this year it went away so I thought it was just the bed that I was sleeping on. However the pain has come back so I know it isn't sleeping problems. I don't feel it when im sitting down or lying down. Today as I pressed on the area on my back with my knuckles, I could feel the pain. I can also feel the back pain when I suck in my stomach and exhale back out.

2. Second symptom I just started noticing is, when I go outside to walk I start to get a side-splint feeling on the front right. But its not a side splint because im not even running when I feel this. The pain comes from under my right rib cage. It is constant and I have to either stop walking or stand for a while to make it go away.

I feel neither the back pain or the side splint when I am sitting down or lying down. Other than CBC and urine tests, what other tests do you guys think I should get? I know my back pain isnt from poor posture because I only feel it on the right side. I have a feeling when I go see my GP he's just going to say something and end up not doing anything about it.

Since I only feel the pain when I walk or burp or move around and I dont feel it when I am sitting or lying down, do you guys think it could be serious? Or does this not mean anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Right middle back pain, pain under right rib cage

Hello and I am so sorry you experiencing so much discomfort.
I am not a dr but have great experience with health issues, also read a lot and do a lot of research. Is it OK with you if I ask you if you ever had Ultrasound/ CT scan of your abdomen, gallbladder checked? This is very important since it really can be that you developed stones in that area. But again, MRI of the spine can be helpful as well.
See, spinal pain can come in so many different ways, people often think they have stomach ache and this all related to the spinal issues.
The fact that you pressed on your back and felt pain, I am more than sure related to your muscle pain. This is how doctors differentiate muscle pain from really spinal problems. I had car accident with spinal damages but when they pressed on my spine, I didn't feel anything, but when they tried to lift my legs and move then in different directions, than I knew it my spine.

Talk to your DR; if you hurt, your body tells you something. Many years ago my wonderful GP told me this and I always repeat it for people.
Do not ignore it and if after testing pain still there, it means more testing need to be done. Do your homework, talk to your doctors and if he doesn't pay attention to you, time to find someone else who will.

Best of luck to you dear
Moldova

Old 06-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Devin08 HB User

Thank you for replying, I think in Janurary or Feb. this year I had MRI of upper and lower spine and also brain. Doctor said there wasnt anything wrong, no herniated disc or anything. I am just worried that it is my right kidney causing all of this because I have been having weird urine problems and also have been feeling this pain since December.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

It would be easy enough to either rule in or rule out a kidney problem. Be sure to mention this and whatever urine problems you have to your doctor. It doesn't sound like an issue pertaining to the spine to me. If you were having kidney stones, and if they were blocking at all, you would know it.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
(male)

ziffel HB User

[QUOTE=Devin08;4995837]Hello all, I have some symptoms I would like you guys to help me with.

1. First one is I have been feeling this weird pain (I think it's either my back or one of the organs on the right side in middle close to spine on the right, pain feels like its coming from inside). Since december, I feel this pain when I burp (backwards burp, its a weird thing I do where I inhale air really hard for a second I dont know how to explain it), its kind of like a dull pain. Other times I would feel it while walking around. At the beg. of this year it went away so I thought it was just the bed that I was sleeping on. However the pain has come back so I know it isn't sleeping problems. I don't feel it when im sitting down or lying down. Today as I pressed on the area on my back with my knuckles, I could feel the pain. I can also feel the back pain when I suck in my stomach and exhale back out.

2. Second symptom I just started noticing is, when I go outside to walk I start to get a side-splint feeling on the front right. But its not a side splint because im not even running when I feel this. The pain comes from under my right rib cage. It is constant and I have to either stop walking or stand for a while to make it go away.

I feel neither the back pain or the side splint when I am sitting down or lying down. Other than CBC and urine tests, what other tests do you guys think I should get? I know my back pain isnt from poor posture because I only feel it on the right side. I have a feeling when I go see my GP he's just going to say something and end up not doing anything about it.

Since I only feel the pain when I walk or burp or move around and I dont feel it when I am sitting or lying down, do you guys think it could be serious? Or does this not mean anything?[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread