It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

roni1781 HB User
Question lower back pain that radiates down front of right leg

I am 52 healthy and active. Never had back trouble. I do rescue work for animals and was lifint a folded up big dog crate to place in closet I was leaning over to do this and felt a sharp pain inlower back on the right of tail bone area. Went to chiro no good. I wear ice and take alleve all the time. dr wants me to have mri and its been 3 weeks no relief. I cant get comfy at nigth to get a good nites rest no matter how I position myself- any thought? I cant just lie in bed...I was cleaning the house and did not feel pain until I was done...

Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: lower back pain that radiates down front of right leg

I would caution you to take it easy for awhile to give whatever is wrong a better chance of healing. It may be that you have a disc that is bulging, most likely L4-L5. You should limit any activity that involves bending or twisting at the waist, reaching up overhead or to the side, pushing, pulling and lifting anything too heavy...maybe 10-15 pounds while this area is strained. Things like running a vacuum, sweeping, mopping and raking are particularly hard on the spine.

It is usually best to sleep on your back with pillows under the knees or on the side with a small pillow between the knees. The idea is to support the natural spinal curves as much as possible.

If it continues to hurt, it is probably a good idea to get a MRI to find out what's going on. You can do yourself further harm by ignoring it.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

The following user gives a hug of support to teteri66:
roni1781 (07-03-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
roni1781 (07-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

roni1781 HB User
Thumbs up Re: lower back pain that radiates down front of right leg

[QUOTE=roni1781;5011018]I am 52 healthy and active. Never had back trouble. I do rescue work for animals and was lifint a folded up big dog crate to place in closet I was leaning over to do this and felt a sharp pain inlower back on the right of tail bone area. Went to chiro no good. I wear ice and take alleve all the time. dr wants me to have mri and its been 3 weeks no relief. I cant get comfy at nigth to get a good nites rest no matter how I position myself- any thought? I cant just lie in bed...I was cleaning the house and did not feel pain until I was done...[/QUOTE]

thank you for that suggestion. I will do as you advise. Its difficult not to clean up after so many animals but I try not to over due it. You are wise. I certainly done want surgery if I can help it..but if I need the mri I will get ti so at least i kno whats going on. Thank you again!! roni

Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
(female)

slw531 HB User

This sounds like the exact same pain I'm having. Bending over causes it to radiate. I had physical therapy and it got better but it never went away. I think I need to go back to the doctor. I put bengay on my lower back every night and that helps but I am living on ibuprofen and it's not helping all that much.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
(female)

Susie196844 HB User

I suffer from the same pain, I have got a bulging disc and I've had 3 epidural injections, which work very well, I'm now waiting for another at mo, the pain is horrendous I between injections.

Closed Thread