It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

samiam60007 HB User
High blood pressure following Epidural Spinal Steroid Shots

I am very concerned as I had the epidural steroids two days ago and my blood pressure is very high. 178/99. I've never had anything like this before - I'm usually in the 130/75 range which is a little high but doctor was not concerned. Every site I look at says these epidurals cause high blood pressure but I was not warned of this and the pain clinic denies it. Very upsetting and I'm just wondering how long before it goes down. I'm going on a vacation 4 days from now - flying - and I'm concerned. Anyone have any more information or suggestions? My regular doctor is on vacation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: High blood pressure following Epidural Spinal Steroid Shots

I am a low BP person(90/60), however when I went through spinal injections several years ago my blood pressure would spike (140/90). It would resolve within 48 to 96 hours.

However because High BP is dangerous for me, I was given a script of Dyazide to take just for a couple of days, worked like a charm.

Without insurance it runs about $4 for 30 pills, which would do me 6 months or better.

T

The Following User Says Thank You to msnova74 For This Useful Post:
samiam60007 (07-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

samiam60007 HB User

Thank you! I just don't understand why the pain clinics don't give you this information - in fact, they deny deny deny! Probably people would not get these shots as often if they knew all the side effects. I have an appointment with my regular doctor's sub on Friday and I will ask her about the Dyazide! Good information and thanks so much! (P.S. - were there any adverse side effects to the Dyazide? I have a horrible time with blood pressure medication side effects, too!).

Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User

I am also someone who gets the most bizzare side effects from meds but this one the only side effect is I have to pee ALOT.

My neuro told me, but my DH's did not. I think it's honestly because they would rather blame it on the anxiety, and pain. It's easier if it's not their problem.

T

Closed Thread