It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

sewe HB User
Unhappy Discogram next week... NERVOUS!

Hi everyone, i am a newbie to posting anything on a website board but I thought who better to talk and relate to.
Very brief synopsis-
5 1/2 years ago I broke T7....LOTS of different doctors, pain meds and injections
Now, a discogram next week to "pinpoint" the specific area???
Then, another "procedure" to fix the PROBLEM....Very frustrated, depressed and anxious. Sorry for all the negative.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Discogram next week...NERVOUS!

Welcome to the board. Discograms are not fun, but everyone seems to live through them. You fractured your thoracic vertebra 5 1/2 years ago and are still in pain or is this pain something new? What are your symptoms? What treatments have you tried?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
(male)

mzahn HB Usermzahn HB User

[QUOTE=sewe;5033344]Hi everyone, i am a newbie to posting anything on a website board but I thought who better to talk and relate to.
Very brief synopsis-
5 1/2 years ago I broke T7....LOTS of different doctors, pain meds and injections
Now, a discogram next week to "pinpoint" the specific area???
Then, another "procedure" to fix the PROBLEM....Very frustrated, depressed and anxious. Sorry for all the negative.[/QUOTE]

You know it is bad when right before the procedure a nurse and a doctor both apologized a head of time for what was coming. The good news is that they drug you up enough just so you can answer questions and describe the pain. I didn't remember any of it.

Good luck!!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
(female)

sammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB Usersammieismylab HB User

With me and what my surgeon said: he did a study on disco grams that they can make the problem worst. He said you can see every thing from a MRI. I was lucky and it did not make it worst. I cried like a two year old most painful thing ever done to me. They had to bring me out of twilight to get there anweser. I was moving around so much they almost had to stop. I screamed keep going because I would never do this again. It's really that bad, but we all got thru it. I would never do a disco gram again. JMO

Closed Thread