It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
(male)

Mattyb1985 HB User
MRI Results**URGENT anyone know what this means?

Hi my name is Matt, i am 27 and had a work related injury 3 years ago. I had an MRI done at that time which reported Minimal Circumferential Disk Bulge L4-5.

This past week I had a new MRI done, here is the list:
-L2-3; Minimal Circumferential Disk Bulge.

-L3-4; Minimal Circumferential Disk Bulge.

-L4-5; Circumferential Disk Bulge. Hyperintense T2 signal at the dorsal aspect of the disk compatible with and annular fissure with a small central herniated disk protrusion. Minor facet hypertrophy.

I would love to know what this means.
Thanks, Matt

Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: MRI Results**URGENT anyone know what this means?

Hi Matt,
It's not quite as scary as it sounds or reads like but basically, you have a couple of small disc bulges- this can show up simply because of positioning during the MRI, and because of the way you sit, stand, lay, twist, turn, and since the ones at L2-3 and L3-4 are minimal, that usually means that there isn't contact with the spinal nerves that run down through the spinal canal or the nerve roots that exit from the canal at those levels. This is good news.
The L4-L5- is a bit bigger from the description ( small central herniation) It also appears that you have a tear in the annulus( outer covering of the disc), ( how major or minor the report doesn't say) that is nearer your back (dorsal) that is irritating the spinal cord covering a bit ( hypointense signal). You also have some facet joint arthritis. It doesn't say how bad, but usually that means that it is minor , in the radiologists opinion.
When do you go back to see the doctor who referred you for the MRI? They should be able to go over this report with you and answer your concerns.
Back

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread