It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
(male)

KevinCam HB User
Questions about an MRI

While i posted this elsewhere, but this may be the better group for it:

Below are the results from my MRI. I have an appt with my doctor in 2 weeks but was wondering if this is something to be concerned about.

My back does make a 'popping' sound after I stand still for a few minutes and then take a deep breath or turn, but I don't feel any pain.

Thanks in advance for your help.

L5-S1: There is a mild broad-based 2 mm disc bulge, eccentric to the left, and moderate bilateral facet hypertrophy. There is mild right and moderate left neural foraminal stenosis with mild encroachment upon the exiting left L5 nerve root. There is no significant canal stenosis.

L4-L5: There is a mild broad-based 2 mm disc bulge and moderate - severe bilateral facet and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. There is moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. There is no significant canal stenosis.

L3-L4: No significant disc bulge or protrusion is identified. There is moderate bilateral facet arthropathy with mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. There is no significant canal stenosis

L2-L3: No significant disc bulge or protrusion is identified. There is mild bilateral facet arthropathy. No significant canal or neural foraminal stenosis is identified.

L1-L2: No significant disc bulge or protrusion is identified. There is mild bilateral facet arthropathy. No significant canal or neural foraminal stenosis is identified.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
(male)

luck25 HB Userluck25 HB User
Re: Questions about an MRI

I don't know what the hypertrophy is. But I also have L5 S1 disc protrusion. I noticed yours said mild. I have L4-L5, L3-4 protrusions also those two said mild and mine are 8mm. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I think it has to do with the narrowing of of the nerve canal. My L5 S1 was deemed moderate being the worst of the three and Is almost totally closed off that canal I think all three are causing problems And I'm seeing a surgeon next week because the pain is so severe. So you might get injections if you haven't already. That helped me for a while. Hope that helps.

Last edited by luck25; 08-27-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Do you have pain running down the back of the thigh? What are your symptoms?

Old 08-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
(male)

KevinCam HB User

[QUOTE=teteri66;5046407]Do you have pain running down the back of the thigh? What are your symptoms?[/QUOTE]

Not really. The reason I went to the doctor was because of the popping sound and how it wasn't going away.

Funny you should ask about my leg, last week I started having a feeling in my lower abdomen kind of like a cell phone vibrating. It's off and on. I didn't think about connecting the two. (or even if I should)

Closed Thread