It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
(male)

zyborg HB User
do others suffer from the same condition?

I'm 44 years of age and back in 1990 I was a fit healthy, energetic person. With oil prices booming, I had no trouble finding a job in that field. A school friend's dad was a welder and was always looking for an apprentice to accompany him. The tar sands in northern Alberta was paying a fair wage. Once on site, we found our camp and settled in for the night. The next day, I found myself in a beautiful but brutal landscape. The temperature dropped below - 40C and the welders were given pre-fabricated shacks to work from. This at least kept us out of the wind and cold. We began setting up large saw horses inside the shack at either end. A very large piece of pipe and 90 degree elbow were delivered by a fork lift to the front of our shack. We began to manouvre the large piece of pipe onto the horses and clamped the 90 degree elbow onto the end. After a lot of welding, grinding and buffing, we finally finished a piece and let it cool for a minute. The welder told me that after coffee a crane would be coming to collect the pipe and 90. He wanted to lift the piece with nylon belts that would be attached to the crane which would lower its boom line and hook through a small hole in the roof of our shack.
Impatiently, the welder yelled at me to "get the damn belt around the pipe", and at that moment the crane was already lowering his hook and boomline through the roof. Standing beside the pipe, I fought with the safety pin on the crane's hook, while trying to attach the nylon belt. With the first loop secure, I positioned myself on one end of the pipe with the 90 on it and swung the belt under and around the pipe back up to the hook. The second loop got caught on the tip of the hook and that exact moment the welder turned away from me blocking the crane operator's view of me and the pipe. He instructed the crane operator to hoist the load, which I hadn't finished securing properly. The pipe lifted just enough off the saw horse to topple it over and as the belt gave way, the pipe fell on top of me. Before I had a chance to move the pipe and the saw horse off me, the welder came back in the shack and was more concerned with the pipe than my injuries. It took me a few minutes of laying in the snow before I could move indoors and report the injury.
The pain was over- whelming and I was barely able to walk. A co-worker was given keys to a van and told to take me to the hospital, which was 2 hours away. After an hour through rough terrain, we finally reached the highway at least......... i suffer from back and anal pain and i need to have evidience that this is connected,
well after years of dealing with a buldged disk in my back,ive had to use a back belt (obus form back support)in order to work....while working with the back support belt ive prevented alot of pain and discomfort in my spine.But unfortunately its caused me to strain my anus and ive developed my second parianal absess.ive also had major pain in my testy's.i believe that my back and anal probems are related.what my question is"how many others suffer from the same condition?"oh and yes burning feet too......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User
Re: I need help and advice for my back problem

Eddie

If you are suffering from nerve pain talk to your doctor about prescribing a anti-convulsive for you such as Gabapentin or Lyrica. These drugs are not narcotics but can give very good pain relief specifically for the nerve pain you are suffering.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
(male)

MikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB User
Re: I need help and advice for my back problem

I feel your pain, and know what your are going through, I do hope for the best for you...I had similar 11mm hernaited disc L5-S1 and had discectomy...Still working through the pain for still herniated disc of 3.5 which is small in comaparison to what is was...I too dislike the pain meds, but they are the only things that take of the edge...I wish the best for you on applying for medicare and medicaid...Best advice is to keep a positive attitude, and I do know that may be diffucult but I too have been dealing with the back issue for 1yr 6months...I do hope an pray for the best outcome for you...

Closed Thread